This Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookie has more than just vibrant red color. This cookie is soft, moist, chewy and loaded with white chocolate inside and out. As if chocolate chips is not enough to make this extra creamy and delicious, I had added a drizzle of melted white chocolate on top to make it drool worthy 🙂 Oh you are going to love this cookie. It is truly a treat in every bite, cannot stop eating it.
Are you still with me in my Cookie Bonanza Holiday Cookie baking? Bear with me, as there are few more days before Christmas so I am still using that few days as an excuse to baked more cookies. I baked Cream Cheese Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies, Pinwheel Cookies, M&M Cookies, Shortbread Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies over the weekend and they were already gone, that fast. I gave some of my edible gifts early for some of my friends that I don’t get to see often, so that left me to clean plate at home which made me decide to make this Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies the last-minute. I cannot be happier with my decision, this cookie really made my day.
I always find baking therapeutic, it relaxes me and it really made me feel good after seeing the end product (assuming they came out as expected) and smelling the freshly baked cookies in my kitchen. The problem with making Red Velvet treats is that once I make one, I just have to make another one because one red velvet is just not enough. I already had this one in mind when I made the Cream Cheese Stuffed Red Velvet Cookie, I used the same batter to make this cookie less the cream cheese frosting.
This one is simpler because there is no need for a cream cheese frosting. We’re not stuffing anything inside, but it still taste good, I promise you that. I replaced the cheese frosting with white chocolate chip kisses, so it gave the extra creamy and sweet taste that was originally from cream cheese frosting. Besides, I’m thinking to give option for those who doesn’t like cream cheese frosting. So, if you are not a fan of cream cheese frosting but love Red Velvet, go for this cookie instead. I know that in general red velvet is not the same without cream cheese, but there always an exception to the rule. As long as it still taste great, and red (yes, it has to be red!) then that should work.
Although the batter of Cream Cheese Stuffed Red Velvet Cookie is the same as this, the taste of the cookie came out different from each other. This cookie has a soft and kind of fudgy texture, it melts in your mouth! So you see, even without the cream cheese, this cookie still taste wonderful but in different way. The cookie itself is not too sweet so the addition of white chocolate chips provided additional sweetness that the batter lacks. The shell of the cookie is soft, the edges are slightly crunchy but over all the cookie was soft and moist, and thick.
This cookie is an everyday cookie and not only for the holidays. So if you find yourself short of time already to make it for the holiday season, no worries. Make it anytime of the year that you like, I say maybe on Valentine’s Day? It’s never to early to plan for it. Let me show you how to make this cookie. Let’s get started!
- 1/4 cup unsalted Butter, softened but still cold
- 1/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Red Food Coloring (can be substituted with gel food coloring or natural beets food coloring. Measurement will not be the same, you have to play with how red you want the batter)
- 1/3 cup White Chocolate Chip Cookies (reserve 2 tablespoon for toppings)
- 1/4 cup melted White Chocolate – optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Dry Ingredients: Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together until combined. Set aside.
- Wet Ingredients: In a large bowl using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and egg on high-speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Finally, add in the food coloring. Add 1-2 teaspoons more for a brighter red, if desired.
- Dry Ingredients + Wet Ingredients: On low-speed, slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Chill: The cookie dough will be slightly sticky. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 10 minutes while you pre-heat the oven
- Divide the cookie batter into 6 portions (about 57g each). Arrange in a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake at 350F for 14 minutes.
- Large (6 pieces): Bake for 14 minutes
- Medium (8 pieces): Bake for 12 minutes
- Top with more white chocolate chips as soon as you take it out from the oven.
- Let Cool on the pan. Once completely cooled, drizzle melted white chocolate on top.
Makes 6 Large pieces (about 56 grams each) or 8 medium pieces
Holiday Baking Inspiration Videos:
Checkout my video collection of cookies and other treats that are great for holiday gift giving or for everyday baking. All the recipes can be found in my website. Enjoy!
Did You Try This Recipe?
- How To Freeze Cookies (Bake and Unbaked)
- How To Store Cookie Properly So They Last Longer
- Holiday Cookie Platter, The More The Merrier 🙂
- Classic Shortbread Cookie
- [VIDEO] Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkles
- Lemon Ricotta Cookie
- Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookie
- Pistachio and Almond Cranberry
- Baked Mini Churro
- Matcha Glazed Shortbread Cookie
- Strawberry White Chocolate Shortbread Cookie
- Pinwheel Cookie Tutorial
- No Bake Fruits and Nuts Chocolate Bar
- Pistachio and Cranberry Bark Chocolate
- M & M Cookie
- Shortbread Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie
- No Bake Rocky Road Chocolate Bar
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA