This Fruits and Nuts Chocolate Bar is just what it says it is. This is a chocolate bar made with real melted dark chocolate, lots of assorted chopped nuts,dried fruits and pieces of biscuit mix with it. One piece is more than enough to satisfy your chocolate craving, but you are welcome to have more which more likely is going to be the case
No oven? No problem! You can still serve an amazing dessert with this No Bake Fruits and Nuts Chocolate Bar. This is a refrigerator cake, cookie , bar or whatever you want to call it. This beauty is loaded with dried fruits , toasted nuts and crumbled crackers. Spoiler alert! I used my Homemade Graham Cracker Biscuit to make this chocolate cookie bar.
All you need to do is chop, toast, melt , mix , chill & slice. Sounds easy, huh? Yes, because it is easy and simple to make, but I guarantee you, you will love this. I immediately gave in when I started slicing it to take photograph. I love the texture that the chop nuts and crumbled crackers gave to this chocolate cookie bar. It’s crunchy, and the dried fruits gave a slight sweet and tangy taste that complements well with the melted dark chocolate. This actually reminds me of fruit cake, only this is mostly chocolate base, and of course, no baking needed 🙂 Oh so good! You have to try it to believe it. Let’s get started!
This recipe is pretty simple to the point that you do not need to heat up your oven. This is a no bake chocolate bar and it is so easy to make. The most of what you need to do here is the chopping of the ingredients. You can do it manually using a knife or use a food chopper. The first thing to do is to melt the chocolate, butter and honey. This is going to be the base chocolate and what will bind the rest of the ingredients. I like using dark chocolate because we are adding honey but feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate. The honey will somehow mellow the taste of dark chocolate but more than that it is to make the bar not too solid and hard.
How to Make Homemade Graham Crackers
For this recipe, the first recommended option for cracker is graham cracker. You can use store-bought or you can make one at home, I did. Although it is not as easy as grabbing a package from the grocery, but I assure you it is more fun and interesting. Plus, you get to eat the leftover. So give it a try. You can get the recipe HERE
What are the Ingredients for Fruits & Nuts Chocolate
- Assorted Toasted Nuts – A mix of nuts can be used to make this recipe. From cashew, almond, pecans, walnut, pistachio and peanuts. Toast them for 5 minutes at 350F then let cool before chopping. You can manually chop it using a knife or use a food chopper but make sure to gradually pulse it so that it will not end up to be too finely chop.
- Graham Cracker or Digestive Cookie – Use a plain cracker. I made my own Graham Cracker but you can use store-bought too
- Dried Fruits – You can use a mix of dried fruits like raisins of any variety, cranberry, strawberry, apricot, mango.
- Chocolate – You can use chocolate chips or plain chocolate bar. Chop it to small pieces so that it melts easily. I recommend dark chocolate, the addition of honey will make it sweeter
- Butter – Unsalted butter, if using salted remove the salt in the recipe
- Honey – You can also use corn syrup, agave or maple syrup
- Salt – small amount goes a long way so do not skip it
How to Make Fruits & Nuts Chocolate
For the nuts and dried fruits, you can use anything you have on hand. Luckily, I have Almond, cashew, pecan and walnut so I used a mixed of all four. You can also use Pistachio, I made the with Pistachio and it was so good. Watch the video below on how I made it. The process is the same. For the dried fruits, I used cranberry, raisins, strawberry and apricot. For the biscuit, I used crumbled shortbread but graham crackers and plain digestive biscuits are the main first recommended for this recipe.
Big Batch Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups Assorted Toasted Nuts – chopped into small pieces
- 6 ounces Graham Cracker or Digestive Cookies
- 1/4 cup Dried Fruits
- 10 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet/dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup Butter, cut into small chunk
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
Small Batch Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Assorted Toasted Nuts – chopped into small pieces
- 6 tablespoon Graham Cracker or Digestive Cookies
- 1/3 cup Dried Fruits
- 1 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet/dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoon Butter, cut into small chunk
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F (180 degree C).
- Prepare the Pan: Line a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan with plastic wrap or foil and then lightly butter the foil, or spray with a non stick cooking spray.
- For small batch: Use a 5×5 pan, of a 7-inch loaf pan
- Toast the nuts. You can skip this step by using a package toasted nuts like what I did or you can use a toaster to toast the nuts, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toasting Hazelnuts: Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 13-15 minutes or until fragrant and the skins begin to flake (peel). Remove from oven and immediately cover the pan with a clean dish towel. Let the nuts sit (steam) for about 5 to 10 minutes and then briskly rub the nuts in the towel to remove the skins. Let cool and then chop the hazelnuts into small pieces.
- Toasting Almonds, Walnuts, and Pecans: Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly brown and fragrant. Let cool then chop coarsely.
- Melt the Chocolate: Then in a heatproof bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate, butter, and honey. Turn-off the heat.
- Chop Biscuit: Meanwhile, break or chop the Digestive Biscuits or Graham Crackers into small pieces.
- Mix Nuts, Biscuit and Dried Fruits: In a large bowl, transfer the nuts, biscuit and raisins (or any dried fruits you are using) and mix to combine.
- Chocolate + Nuts and Dried Fruits: Add nuts, biscuit and dried fruits to the melted chocolate. Stir until combined.
- Transfer in a Pan: Spread this mixture into your prepared pan, press it as you pour it to make sure it is compact and no gaps or spaces in between. Sprinkle top with chopped pistachio. Fold the over hang aluminum foil and refrigerate for an hour or two, or until set , or leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut: Slice to desired serving portion. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week. Or it can be frozen for about a month.
- Storage: The cake/bar soften easily in hot, humid temperature. It is best to always keep it in the refrigerator and take it out only when you are ready to serve
- Serving: Use a sharp plain knife to slice the chocolate bar.
- Fruit and Nuts Chocolate Bar
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Bar
- Cream Cheese Fudgy Brownie
- Marble Bark Chocolate
- One Bowl Fudy Brownie
- No bake Pistachio Fruit and Nut Bar
- Fig Newton Bar
- 7 Layers Magic Cookie Bar
- No Bake Fruit and Nuts Chocolate Bar
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Baking, Bars, No Bake, Recipe, Small Batch Recipes, Video, Video Recipes
Leave a Reply