I love using my Shortbread Pie Crust recipe when I am making sweet tarts. This pastry dough yields 6 small tarts of size 4.5″ each, or if you want to go bigger, you can use it for 6″ or 8″ pan. I normally go for the mini tart sizes as I can make variations from them. Last week, I made one batch of this Shortbread dough. I used 3 pieces for my Blackberry Shortbread Cheese Tart and the other 3 pieces for this Chocolate Marble Shortbread Cheese Tart.
Chocolate Marble Shortbread Cheese Tart is like a cheesecake tart that uses Homemade Cheese. You can use store-bought real cream cheese, but it is good to try something new from time to time, so I opted for a Homemade Cheese. I love the smooth and buttery taste of this tart, and it taste even better with the homemade vanilla and chocolate cream cheese. I feel less guilty eating this because I used Homemade Cheese rather than actual cream cheese. I always love homemade ingredients, I feel good knowing what goes in to what I eat. Maybe it’s all in the mind, but hey, homemade are really awesome! Let’s get started!
- Shortbread Crust
- 180 g (3/4 of 1 box) cream cheese – I used my Homemade Cream Cheese
- 4 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (sifted)
- Make Shortbread Pie Crust.
- Divide Shortbread Pie Crust into 6 equal sizes. If you are making a big tart, then no need to divide.
- Press the Shortbread Pie Crust pastry into 4.5″ diameter tart pan or to any tart size you are using. Repeat for the remaining tart pan. Using a fork, prick some holes onto the pastry shell.
- Pre-bake Shortbread Pie Crust at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Leave it to cool.
- Cream Cheese Filling: To make filling, cream sugar, butter and cream cheese until light and smooth. Add in egg, mix until well combined. Add in yogurt and mix until well combined. Lastly add in flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Divide the cream cheese filling into 2 portions. Set aside 3/4 of the filling for the chocolate flavor and 1/4 of the filling for vanilla. You can switch it if you want more vanilla than chocolate.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling: Add cocoa powder in the 3/4 portion of the filling , mix well until fully combined. This is now your chocolate cream cheese filling.
- Assembly: Scoop the chocolate cream cheese filling into the 6 tart pan. Scoop vanilla cream cheese filling on top, and using a toothpick, swirl to create a marbling effect.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until the cheese is no longer soft. Do not over bake as this will cause the top to crack. Please note that the bigger the pie pan you use, the longer baking time you need. Adjust baking time as needed.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.