I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I just made my Mocha Buttercream Frosting and I am so excited to use it for this Cafe Mocha Cupcakes. The frosting itself is so good, but when teamed up with this Cupcake, it was even more divine! Perfect combination.
Since I am not a coffee drinker, I have to find ways to enjoy coffee in different way. This is my way of enjoying it, coffee in my bake deserts! I love the flavor of Mocha when used in baking, just like my Mocha Chiffon Cake and Coffee Chiffon Cake. The flavor is very subtle, and when paired with a smooth and creamy frosting like Mocha Buttercream Frosting, it is dangerously addictive.
This recipe is a variation of my Chocolate Cupcakes, Vanilla Cupcakes and Matcha Cupcakes. That is how easy this recipe that I can easily create different variations and flavor. I hope that you will get to try any of my cupcake recipes, once you do, you will certainly fall in love with it too. Let’s get started!
- ¼ + 2 tbsp cup flour
- 1/4 tsp coffee powder (Increase/decrease depending on how strong you want the coffee flavor)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk (Powdered milk can also be used. Add 1.5 tsp powdered milk to 2 tbsp water)
- Mocha Buttercream Frosting
For Other Frosting Options:
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk together wet ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Spoon into cupcake liners and bake at 350F until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Medium size cupcake liners (2 small ice cream scoop) : 4 cupcakes , 12-14 minutes
- Large size cupcake liners (3 small ice cream scoop): 3 cupcakes , 14 – 16 minutes
- Let cool and decorate with Mocha Buttercream Frosting or any frosting you like.
Makes 3-4 cupcakes
Thank You for visiting my website, if you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. I like getting feedback from you.