Featured Video: How To Make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting PLUS How To Decorate Cupcakes
I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I just made my Mocha Buttercream Frosting and I am so excited to use it for this Cafe Mocha Cupcakes. The frosting itself is so good, but when teamed up with this Cupcake, it was even more divine! Perfect combination.
Since I am not a coffee drinker, I have to find ways to enjoy coffee in different way. This is my way of enjoying it, coffee in my bake deserts! I love the flavor of Mocha when used in baking, just like my Mocha Chiffon Cake and Coffee Chiffon Cake. The flavor is very subtle, and when paired with a smooth and creamy frosting like Mocha Buttercream Frosting, it is dangerously addictive.
This recipe is a variation of my Chocolate Cupcakes, Vanilla Cupcakes and Matcha Cupcakes. That is how easy this recipe that I can easily create different variations and flavor. I hope that you will get to try any of my cupcake recipes, once you do, you will certainly fall in love with it too. Let’s get started!
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon All-Purpose-Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Instant Coffee Powder (Increase/decrease depending on how strong you want the coffee flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tablespoon flavorless Oil
- 2 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon full fat Milk (Powdered milk can also be used. Add 1.5 teaspoon powdered milk to 2 tbsp water)
- Espresso Whipped Cream Frosting
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Line 4 muffin tin hole with muffin liner.
- Whisk together dry ingredients: In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Whisk together wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix oil, egg yolk, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, milk, coffee powder and sugar.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Bake: Spoon into cupcake liners and bake at 350F until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Medium size cupcake liners (2 small ice cream scoop) : 4 cupcakes , 12-14 minutes
- Large size cupcake liners (3 small ice cream scoop): 3 cupcakes , 14 – 16 minutes
- Let cool and decorate with Mocha Buttercream Frosting or Espresso Whipped Cream Frosting or any frosting you like.
Makes 3-4 cupcakes
- [VIDEO] How To Make Classic Chocolate Ganache & Tips on How To Use It
- [VIDEO] Small Batch Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- [VIDEO] How to Whip Cream Successfully
- Small Batch Cappuccino Buttercream Whipped Frosting
- Classic Cream Cheese Frosting
- White Chocolate Buttercream Whipped Frosting
- Mocha Whipped Buttercream Frosting – Italian Meringue Style
- REAL Strawberry Buttercream Whipped Frosting (No Artificial Color)
- REAL Raspberry Buttercream Whipped Frosting, A Unique Buttercream Frosting That is Not Too Sweet
- Espresso Whipped Cream
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Baking, Cupcakes, Recipe, Small Batch Recipes
By coffee power do you mean espresso powder or instant coffee?
LikeLiked by 1 person
I used instant coffee powder