I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I just made my Mocha Buttercream Frosting and I am so excited to use it for this Cafe Mocha Cupcakes. The frosting itself is so good, but when teamed up with this Cupcake, it was even more divine! Perfect combination.
Since I am not a coffee drinker, I have to find ways to enjoy coffee in different way. This is my way of enjoying it, coffee in my bake deserts! I love the flavor of Mocha when used in baking, just like my Mocha Chiffon Cake and Coffee Chiffon Cake. The flavor is very subtle, and when paired with a smooth and creamy frosting like Mocha Buttercream Frosting, it is dangerously addictive.
This recipe is a variation of my Chocolate Cupcakes, Vanilla Cupcakes and Matcha Cupcakes. That is how easy this recipe that I can easily create different variations and flavor. I hope that you will get to try any of my cupcake recipes, once you do, you will certainly fall in love with it too. Let’s get started!
- ¼ + 2 tbsp cup flour
- 1/4 tsp coffee powder (Increase/decrease depending on how strong you want the coffee flavor)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk (Powdered milk can also be used. Add 1.5 tsp powdered milk to 2 tbsp water)
- Mocha Buttercream Frosting
For Other Frosting Options:
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk together wet ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Spoon into cupcake liners and bake at 350F until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Medium size cupcake liners (2 small ice cream scoop) : 4 cupcakes , 12-14 minutes
- Large size cupcake liners (3 small ice cream scoop): 3 cupcakes , 14 – 16 minutes
- Let cool and decorate with Mocha Buttercream Frosting or any frosting you like.
Makes 3-4 cupcakes
If you like this post, please don’t forget to click on the “Like” button below or Share this post with your friends.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe, and let’s get the community baking!♥