My Other Videos:
Featured Video: How To Make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting PLUS How To Decorate Cupcakes
It’s been one year since I made Matcha Chiffon Cake for my brother’s 10 years wedding anniversary. This year, I chose a fruity and light citrus cake with no egg and no butter in the ingredients. Kind of “healthy-ish” like this Eggless and Butterless Orange Sponge Cake 🙂
This is for real! No joke, this cake is your dream cake, and mine too. Everything that I want in a cake, all here in this Orange Cake. No eggs, no butter, no machine needed, few ingredients, simple steps and above all, it taste amazing! What else can I asked for?
This cake got me so excited that I had to immediately make it. This is a proof, that sometimes, simple is better. The cake is super soft and moist, and the flavor of the orange was very intense, oh so good! The cake has a heavier and dense texture which makes it a very filling snack, but I wouldn’t judge If you eat more than 1 slice, because I am guilty myself. Let’s keep it between us and the many others reading this blog 🙂
This is my go to cake for a short notice cake baking, it only took me 1 hour to make this cake. The best part of it, I don’t have to take out my mixer, everything is done by hand. Plus, decorating this is so easy breezy. Any fresh fruits will look nice and will taste good.
I find this cake perfect for tea time, it is simple and yet it could look elegant with just a dust of icing sugar on top and few assorted fresh fruits on top. One would think that it’s difficult to make this cake, but looks could be deceiving. If you feel like a chocolate cake instead, don’t worry I got you covered. Checkout my One Bowl Eggless and Butterless Orange Chocolate Cake, it is as easy and simple and delicious as this one too. Next time you are looking for a simple and delicious cake recipe, try this one. And if I may say it again, No eggs and no butter needed. How tempting is that? If you Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeeze orange juice (Box or bottled will work too, although it does have a sugar so the cake could be a little bit sweeter)
- 1/3 cup flavorless oil
- 2 Large orange zest (Outer skin of the orange, I use fine cheese grater to remove the outer thin layer of the orange)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- fresh fruits for toppings – optional
- If you prefer a lemon flavor, use lemon zest instead of orange zest and lemon juice instead of orange juice.
- The yogurt and oil replaces the use of butter and egg in the recipe. If you use butter and eggs in the recipe, that will require different steps.
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Mix sugar with yogurt until it dissolves.
- Add orange juice and oil.
- Add orange zest.
- Mix flour with baking powder and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to yogurt mixture. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spray an in 8-inch round pan and put parchment paper at the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the cake batter and bake for 28 minutes.
- Let cool and dust with confectioners sugar and top with fresh fruits.
Makes 8 servings
Before you go, please click on the “Like” button below if you like this post, or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SweetNSpicyLiving on Social Media Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Recipe Adapted from: Crave Cook Click
Leave a Reply