This Strawberry Shortbread Cheese Tart is pure Summer indulgence of fresh sweet Strawberry. The base was a creamy buttery homemade Shortbread Crust filled with tangy thin layer of strawberry jam and thick layer of tangy cream cheese top with more strawberry jam. Its pure Summer bliss, simply delicious.
I wished we have Strawberry all year round. Unfortunately, here in Vancouver, we only have the good ones during the summer. Summer is a great time for variety of fruits that can used for baking. I guess I have to accept that summer is long over, and stop buying strawberries for now. I recently bought a box of strawberries, I was disappointed to find out that most of the ones at the bottom are not fully ripe. This means, they are not good to have on its own, even for yogurt.
Well, I don’t want to throw them away, there’s quite a lot of them. Good news is, I did not have to throw them away, because I have my Strawberry Jam recipe to the rescue. I made them into Jams, perfect! All I need is a good amount of sugar, and they are turned into a wonderful Strawberry Jam that I can use for my toast.
I did not only used them for my toast, I used them for this Strawberry Shortbread Cheese Tart. Amazing! I love them, truly! I had made Chocolate Marble Shortbread Cheese Tart and Blackberry Shortbread Cheese Tart with this same recipe and they both turned out great. This is why this recipe made it to my blog, because it taste good, easy to make and very versatile. I can use whichever fruits are in season, or not in season. So, if you have any extra strawberries that you do not want to go to waste, do as I did, and make this recipe. You will not regret it, promise! Let’s get started!
- Shortbread Crust
- Strawberry Jam (You can also use Raspberry Jam orBlackberry Jam) – I used my homemade Jams, a store-bought Jam will also work for this recipe.
- 250g (1 box) Cream Cheese – I used myHomemade Cream Cheese, but store-bought will work too
- 4 tbsp granulated white Sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp plain greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp All-purpose flour
- Make the Strawberry Jam: You can also use store-bough or make your own. I have a small batch Strawberry Jam recipe (makes 1 cup) which I used to make this tart. GET THE FULL RECIPE HERE.
- Make Shortbread Pie Crust. You can make this ahead of time, pre-baked or not. Simply store it in a freezer safe container and keep it in the freezer until ready to use. You can freeze the dough itself and thaw it in the refrigerator overnight or you can shape it in the mold and freeze it, or pre-bake it then let it cool completely before storing in the freezer.
- Divide Shortbread Dough into 6 equal sizes or if you are making a big pie, press the dough into a 7 or 8-inch round pie tart. Press the Shortbread Dough pastry into 4.5″ diameter tart pan or any pan size you are using. Repeat for the remaining tart pan. Using a fork, prick some holes onto the pastry shell.
- Pre-bake Shortbread Crust at 350F for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Leave it to cool.
- Make the Cream Cheese Filling: To make filling, cream sugar, butter and cream cheese until light and smooth. Add in egg, mix until well combined. Add in yogurt and mix until well combined. Lastly add in flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Distribute the Jam Filling: Place 1 tbsp of Strawberry Jam onto the pre-baked Shortbread Pie Crust.
- Add Cheese filling into the baked pastry shells. Add small drops of Strawberry Jam on top and swirl with toothpick to create a marbling effect.
- Bake at 350F for 15 – 20 minutes or until the cheese is no longer soft. Do not over bake as this will cause the top to crack. Please note that the bigger the pie pan you use, the longer baking time you need. Adjust baking time as needed.
Makes 6 mini 4.5 inches tart
How to Make Shortbread Tart Crust
Here is a short video on how I made my Shortbread Tart Crust. This is only a 4 ingredients recipe, very simple and easy plus it is so versatile you can use it for any fruit and custart tart. It holds perfectly well, it is buttery and so creamy.
Homemade Strawberry Jam
You can use store-bought of homemade, I have small batch Strawberry Jam recipe which I used to make this tart. It only uses 5 ingredients.
- Strawberry Banana Loaf Bread
- Strawberry Swirl Banana Muffins
- [VIDEO] Breakfast is Better with This Strawberry Pancake with Strawberry Sauce
- REAL Strawberry Buttercream Whipped Frosting (No Artificial Coloring)
- Strawberry Mango Slushie
- Small Batch Strawberry Crumb Bar
- [VIDEO] Small Batch Strawberry Streusel Yogurt Muffins
- [VIDEO] How To Make Fresh Strawberry Sauce
- Small Batch 3 Ingredients and No Preservatives Strawberry Jam
- Baked Strawberry Donut
- Small Batch Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing: Fresh and No Preservatives Added
- Strawberry Pie For Two
- [VIDEO] Sugar Free Strawberry Pineapple Cooler
- Baked Strawberry Cream Cheese Overnight French Toast
- Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
My Latest Video
Summer Favorite Desserts
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW ME Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
I wished we have Strawberry all year round. Unfortunately, here in Vancouver, we only have th good ones during the summer. Summer is a great time for variety of fruits that can used for baking. I guess I have to accept that summer is long over, and stop buying strawberries for now. I recently bought a box of strawberries, I was disappointed to find out that most of the ones at the bottom are not fully ripe. This means, they are not good to have on its own, even for yogurt.
Well, I don’t want to throw them away, there’s quite a lot of them. Good news is, I did not have to throw them away, because I have my Strawberry Jam recipe to the rescue. I made them into Jams, perfect! All I need is a good amount of sugar, and they are turned into a wonderful Strawberry Jam
View original post 447 more words
Leave a Reply