It’s SOUP time!
Keep yourself warm with these soup. Whether you like it meaty or no meat, creamy or broth style there is something for you in one of these 12 soup. Check them out.
If there’s one thing I love about rainy and winter days, it’s the thought of snuggling in my couch watching Netflix or reading a book with a bowl of warm soup on my lap. There’s something about hot soup that’s makes cold days cozy and relaxing. It made me look forward to staying at home and just totally forget all the craziness happening outside.
There’s quiet a few selection of soups that I look forward to sharing in my blog. Because we still have few more months of cold weather, I’m pretty sure I’ll have enough time to whip up some of my favorite soup. I started my soup series fall last year with my hearty and healthy version of Italian Chicken Minestrone Soup. That one was a real for keeps recipe, so I hope you’ll take time to check it out. This time I decided to go to the route of creamy soup, so my soup for the week is Creamy Potato Soup, the sister soup of my Creamy Sweet Potato Corn Chowder Soup. Oh so good!!
This is a very filling soup perfect for lunch or dinner. Just pair it up with few slices of toasted bread and you got your meals covered already. It’s really thick and creamy, with loads of potato that melts in your mouth. There’s also cheese hidden in this soup, and I used milk as well to give some doze of calcium in every serving. This soup is sure to keep your tummy happy, so give it a try to keep yourself warm. Let’s get started!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small Onion – chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- 73 grams Chopped bacon/ham or shredded chicken
- 3/4 tsp Salt (I used fine salt)
- pinch of Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 medium (284 grams) Potato – diced
- Carrots (66 grams)
- Celery (30 grams) chopped
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Chicken/Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 tbsp sour cream or plain greek yogurt – optional
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) Cheddar Cheese – grated
Note: This recipe is not strict, you can reduce or increase the main ingredients as needed. You might need to add more liquid if you decide to add more potato or carrots and also increase the seasonings. Also, if you are using store-bought high sodium stock, add salt in the end and adjust as needed.
- Add olive oil to a pre-heated pan. Saute onion, garlic and bacon/ham/chicken. Add salt, black pepper and chili pepper. Take out of the pan and set aside while you make the roux. Set aside 2 tbsp for garnishing when you serve the soup. If you are using bacon, remove the excess oil before using the pan again.
- Using the same pan, add butter. Swirl the pan until the butter is fully melted. Add flour and whisk continuously. Gradually add the milk and continue whisking, you will start to get a thick consistency and it will turn runny again after pouring all the milk. Do not leave unattended as the flour will clump together. Add chicken/vegetable broth.
- Add potato and carrots, cover and simmer for 30 minutes (medium heat). Check from time to time and stir to avoid the vegetables from sticking to the bottom.
- Add cheese and sour cream (if using) and stir until distributed. Using a spoon, push some of the potato cubes to the side of the pan to mush them, then stir as you go. Stop once its thick enough to your liking. Take note that the soup will still thicken as it cools. Serve hot and garnish with cheese, bacon and parsley on top. Enjoy!
- 12 Fall Soup To Keep You Warm
- Homemade Soft Bread Bowl
- [VIDEO] Egg Drop Corn Soup
- Meat Free Monday: Small Batch Vegetarian Lasagna Soup For Two
- [VIDEO] Creamy Potato & Shrimp Chowder
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Creamy Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
- Coconut Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan
- Chicken Mami (Chicken in Egg Noddle Soup)
- Small Batch French Onion Soup
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW ME Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
This looks SO cozy!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love Potato Soup! Such a wonderful treat!