I want to give you something simple and easy to make because I know that we all have busy crazy days from time to time. This Coconut Shrimp Curry is one of those delicious meal that you can make in less than one hour, how great is that? This is one dish that I made often because it’s simple and easy to make and I am a seafood lover and this for me is heaven, the huge shrimp in spicy coconut sauce is definitely a treat. Don’t run away because of long list of ingredients here, they are just mostly spices, if you do not have some of them that’s fine. Adjust the taste according to your preference. Let’s get started!
Featured Video: Grilled Sausage and Shrimp with Quinoa and Veggie
- 450g (1 lb) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- 1/2 juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white/yellow onion – sliced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced ( I used fresh white mushroom, brown or cremini mushroom will work too)
- 1/3 cup coconut cream or milk (Coconut cream is preferred as this will give the best thick sauce as compared to coconut milk)
- 1 small red bell pepper – cut thinly (Can be substituted by yellow, orange or green bell pepper)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper – chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- lime wedges, for garnish – optional
- Marinate the Shrimp: Put shrimp in a medium bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Mix to coat well. Leave to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook the Mushroom: Heat oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and stir-fry until water is reduced. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Remove from the pan and set aside while you cook the shrimp.
- Cook the Shrimp: Using the same pan, add shrimp and cook, stirring for about 1 to 2 more minutes until shrimp turned pink. Add back mushroom and mix.
- Add coconut cream, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and simmer in medium heat until the sauce is reduced to your liking. Add fresh cilantro, taste sauce and adjust seasoning as desired. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with cilantro and serve, with lime wedges on the side (optional)
Serves 2 – 3
- [VIDEO] Avocado & Shrimp Salsa
- [VIDEO] Grilled Shrimp & Sausage with Vegetables
- I Don’t Mind Getting My Hands Dirty with this Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp in Thai Coconut Sauce
- Small Batch Foil Packed Shrimp and Corn
- Dinner Made easy with this One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- One Pan Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.