Not all meals have to be complicated, because this Tuna Rice Bowl is not. It’s simple and easy and yet it’s satisfying enough to feed your hungry stomach when you are in a hurry. No judgement in opening up a can of tuna to feed hungry people. Grab the can and open them up now, because you are going to love this simple recipe.
I did not have time to make elaborate meals because I was in a rush. I have long list that I need to do and the last thing I need is to find time to cook my meal, I love to if I can but today is just not that day. And so I grabbed a canned tuna, (the spicy one) chopped some garlic and onion, tossed frozen veggies and throw in my leftover rice. I got my meals in less than 15 minutes, and they’re pretty great for something simple. It’s delicious too, I miss this simple dish.
The great thing about this is it’s a rice bowl, and I’m a huge a of rice bowl. There’s something about mix rice and everything else that makes it appealing to me. I like the deconstructed look of rice bowl, the mix and match of veggies and meat, and I love the fact that everything is in one bowl. It’s easy to eat, and less mess to clean up, and the recipe is very flexible and forgiving. I can proudly say I’ve never messed up this Tuna Rice Bowl ever, because its that simple.
I usually have stocks of canned tuna for busy days, and I love that there’s so many ways that I can use it. They are great for salad, for sandwich spread, for omelette and for rice bowl. They’re a good source of Omega 3 too, talk about eating healthy for a minimum cost, a budget friendly recipe. Simple and easy, if you’re too lazy or busy to do anything at all, you can even eat it out of the can. But you only need 15 minutes to make this recipe so why not make it, take the tuna out of the can and cook it, you’ll thank me for this. I personally like adding veggies to my Tuna Bowl to give it some crunch and more texture, and they look pretty too with all the colorful veggies in it. When it comes to me and my food, I like to dress it up to make it more appetizing and enjoyable to eat. Homemade is the best, and even with very little effort you can have a really good meal in the comfort of your own home. So let me show you how to make this one pan tuna rice bowl.
- 1 Can Tuna (in oil)
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 1 small Onion – chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Mixed Vegetables (green peas, carrots, corn, beans etc). You can use fresh or frozen
- 1 cup cooked Rice
- Drain tuna and set aside the oil.
- In a heated pan, add 3 tbsp of tuna oil, garlic and onion. Saute until fragrant and translucent. Add chili flakes, black pepper, salt and tuna. Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until very few liquid is left. Add vegetables and cook until vegetables are cook to your liking. Season to taste and adjust as needed.
- Add cooked rice and mix until distributed. Add 1-2 tbsp of the remaining tuna oil and mix until combined. Cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Minced Beef & Egg Rice Bowl
- Meat Free Monday: Vegetarian Buddha Bowl
- Meat Free Monday: Bokchoy Fried Rice
- Meat Free Monday: Quinoa Fried “Rice”
- Meat Free Monday: Tofu Teriyaki with Spinach
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- [VIDEO] Grilled Shrimp & Sausage with Vegetables
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my videos and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Leave a Reply