La Boqueria Market is the a MUST see place to visit when in Barcelona, Spain. Whether you are a foodie or not, this is a place that you should not miss. This is truly a heaven for good food, small bits of everything sweet, savory and fresh produce. Guaranteed, you will not have enough time to sample all the delicious food in this market.
Website: http://www.boqueria.barcelona/home Address: Rambla, 91 08001 Barcelona Opening Hours: 8:00AM - 8:30PM Check Schedule With Entrance Fee: No; FREE
One of my fond delicious memories in Barcelona Spain happened inside the La Boqueria Market. I did my researched and watch video before going to this place, I have to say there is nothing like experiencing it in person. We have a similar place in Vancouver called ‘Granville Market‘ and I thought that was huge until I saw the La Boqueria. If there was one regret I have is that I did not have much time to go back again and again in this place, but my short visit was sweet and fun. This place have it all. From fresh ready to eat and drink produce and juices, savory dishes, small bites of tapas, array of chocolates and nuts. If you have time, they also have places where you can have a sit down meal, seafood and all. Depending on your budget, you can have bite size snacks, something to go or a full meal of expensive sea food dishes.
What is La Boqueria?
The Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria, often simply referred to as La Boqueria, is a large public market Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. It is one of the city’s foremost tourist landmarks, a popular place for people who love to explore and taste different kind of food. The market sells a wide variety of fresh produce from fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, sweets, as well as meat, fish, cheese and dairy. The market also have eatery inside when you feel like having a real meal.
How to Get to La Boqueria?
- Metro: Liceu (Green Line, L3)
- Bus: La Rambla / La Boqueria: 59, 91, V13
- Sightseeing Bus Tour: Nearest stop for La Boqueria Market is “Catedral – Gòtic”
Tips in Visiting La Boqueria Market
- La Boqueria is a huge market, if you have time to spare, go the market few hours in several days. This way you will be able to try different food and explore the place better. You can only eat so much in one visit.
- Because La Boqueria is considered a tourist attraction, expect to spend more when sampling different food. The sit down seafood meals are quite expensive, but there are bit size snacks that are reasonably price. You can easily spend 20 – 30 bucks in this place just for one person.
- La Boqueria is located along La Rambla so this is also a hub for pickpockets. As always, watch out for your belonging, have your bags in front of you.
- If you have a tight budget and still want to have the best experience, try variations of different items rather than a sit down meal. If find this to be the best way to enjoy La Boqueria, little bits of everything.
The BEST of My Spain Videos:
- [VIDEO] Traveling Solo in Barcelona, Spain #5: Explore Park Guell
- [VIDEO] Traveling Solo in Barcelona, Spain #4:La Rambla, The Famous Tourist Street in Barcelona
- [VIDEO] Traveling Solo in Barcelona, Spain #3:La Boqueria Market, Where Foodie Meets the Food
- [VIDEO] Traveling Solo in Barcelona, Spain #2: Passion Tower at Sagrada Familia
- [VIDEO] Traveling Solo in Barcelona, Spain #1:Sagrada Familia
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Your feedback helps me decide what to put on my next baking to do list. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Categories: Attractions, Barcelona, Travel, Travel Video, Video, When in Spain
Leave a Reply