A Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Bar layered with tangy creamy cheese and loaded with bits and pieces of chocolate chips of course! A decadent creamy treat, not to overly sweet, just enough too satisfy your sweet tooth craving without overwhelming yourself with sugar. The tangy cream cheese melts in your mouth in every bite, not to mention the decadent chocolate chips tuck every where in every bite.
Last week, I made Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie and Cream Cheese Brownie. This week, I made this Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Bar, which was inspired by those 2 previous posts. I thought a combination of those 2 will be great, a mash up between a cookie and a cream cheese bar.
I love chocolate chip cookie on it’s own, and aside from Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie , I also have the Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip and Soft & Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes posted in my blog. So , this is another addition to those Chocolate Chip Cookie post. This is easy to make just like any Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
This Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bar has different things going on in it. The base layer is a Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, the middle layer is a Cream Cheese and chunks of dark chocolates, and finally the top is covered by another layer of Chocolate Chip Cookie dough and chunks of dark chocolates again. The texture is crunchy from the outside, while soft and creamy from the inside and a dark chocolate taste that offset the sweetness from cookie dough.
This can be served warm or cold, with milk or even coffee or tea. I cannot choose which one is my favorite because all options are great to go with this desert. It’s your turn to choose. Try it and let me know your favorite way of eating it. But, the only way to find out is if you will make this. So, have this is your next baking to do’s and let’s compare notes. Let’s get started, shall we?
Chocolate Chip Batter
- 3 tablespoon unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk – room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 tablespoon Chocolate Chips
- Flaky Sea Salt for sprinkling (optional)
Cream Cheese Batter
- 4 ounces full fat Cream Cheese (1/2 of 1 bar of cream cheese) at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon granulated white Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Egg – room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 5×5 square pan with aluminum foil.
- Wet Ingredients: Using a hand-mixer,whisk together melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt in a medium bowl (about 1 minute). Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract, then continue whisking until light and fluffy, about 2 more minutes.
- Dry Ingredients: Add the flour, salt and baking soda, mix until all the flour is incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and and manually mix until just combined.
- Make the Cream Cheese Mixture: In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Spread the Cookie Batter: Take about 1/3 of the chocolate chip batter and lightly press in the bottom of the pan. Scatter the cream cheese and chocolate chip batter on top, do NOT press. You want the surface to be uneven. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 25- 28 minutes, or until the edges and top of the chocolate chip has turned golden brown and set while the center is slightly soft. The center will still be quite soft so you really need to let it cool before serving. Do not over bake as the cookie will dry out.
- Let it Cool: Allow the cookie to completely cool down before cutting. If you cut it while still warm, the cookie might break, I suggest after it completely cool, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the cream cheese to harden.
Makes 9 small bars
- How to Make an Extremely Fudgy Brownie
- Small Batch Easter Fudge Brownie Bites
- Small Batch Black Forest Brownie Cake
- [VIDEO] Brookie: Brownie & Cookie in One, a Two in One Treat!
- [VIDEO] Chocolate Brownie Tart
- Single Serve Brownie A la mode in a Mug
- Cream Cheese Brownies
- Small Batch Easter Caramel Egg Brownie
- Basic Brownie
- Soft and Chewy Brownie Thins
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA