A light and refreshing Avocado Tuna Wrap is just a great way to enjoy lunch especially when the weather starts to warm up. A simple and easy recipe to transform a can of tuna into something filling and delicious. I call this lunch in 15 minutes, how easy is that?
Canned tuna is one of my favorite ingredient when I am looking for something quick and easy meal to make. This is one thing that I often have in my pantry, call it my emergency stock for busy days and warm hot days. This recipe was sort of an extension on my Avocado Tuna Salad, made into a wrap. I love how easy and simple it was, and how light and fresh it taste from all the fresh herbs and veggie in the salad. I thought if I can enjoy it as a salad, why not make it into a wrap to make it more filling and a meal on its own. So this is what I got for you, Avocado Tuna Wrap, simple, easy, delicious and budget friendly.
How to Make Avocado Tuna Wrap
Start by making the filling which is basically the Avocado Tuna Salad. This is simply a mix of canned tuna, fresh herbs and veggie, some seasoning and spices and a homemade honey dijon mustard for dress it up and add more flavor. Since this uses avocado, it is advisable to make this just few hours before serving it as avocado has a tendency to brown, and also with the cucumber and salt, the salad could easily release juice/water. You can make the dressing in advance, keep it in a covered container and store it in the refrigerator. This honey dijon mustard dressing if my favorite homemade dressing that I used quite often in most of my salad. You can adjust the sweetness by adding more honey, or more salt if you want it a little bit more on the salty side.
One the salad filling is done, all you have to do is to prepare the wrap which could not get any easier than filling the tortilla with the Avocado Tuna Salad then rolling and wrapping it. I like to add extra greens, like lettuce, mixed greens or spinach to make it even fresh and filling but you can skip it if you do not have any greens. This Avocado Tuna Wrap is packed with freshness and flavor, I like the citrus lemony taste and the taste of fresh herbs.
- 1 Avocado – cubed
- 16 oz can flaked Tuna in water or oil (170g cans)
- 1/4 cup Parsley – chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro – chopped
- 1/2 small Shallots – chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper – dice
- 1/4 Small Cucumber – diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
Honey Dijon Mustard Dressing
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tortilla
- fresh Green (Lettuce, Spinach)
- Mix Tuna and Vegetables: Drain tuna well and add to mixing bowl. Add avocado, parsley, cilantro, shallots, red bell pepper, cucumber, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Make the Dressing: In a small jar, mix juice of 1/2 lemon, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, sea salt, paprika and black pepper. Cover then shake until well combined and pour over the tuna salad and toss.
- Make the Wrap: Arrange fresh greens onto the tortilla wrap followed by the tuna salad. Fold and wrap.
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts Skewers
- Meat Free Monday: Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries
- Small Batch Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad
- Meat Free Monday: White Beans and Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Meat Free Monday: Garlic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts Shrimp Stir Fry
What’s New? Moutable
Today I am featuring my Moutable, or Mediterranean Egg Plant Dip. I’ve made this years ago and I thought It’s time to update it with some new photo and additional information and tips. This dip is easy to make, skip the mayonnaise and make this one instead. This was made from roasted eggplant, tahini paste, olive oil and some herbs and spices. Simple and yet delicious, and kind of “healthy-ish”. Give it a try.
My Recipe Video Collection
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
LikeLiked by 1 person