Friday Drinks and Frozen Day ♥♥
With the weather getting warmer and warmer everyday, I think we could all agree that we need something that will cool us off and keep us feeling refresh. Since it is Summer, I am making a seasonal post just for the Summer season and this will happen on Fridays. I am calling it Friday Drinks and Frozen Day 🙂 The post will mostly be about Summer drinks and frozen treats to keep up cool and comfy during the Summer season. If it is not Summer where you are right now, do not worry because you can always go back and search for these recipes whenever Summer arrives in your area or you are just feeling to get chilled. Some of the drinks that I am sharing here can be made any day of the year, i say bring the ice cream out on Winter 🙂
Summer is almost here and now and the weather is getting cooler as compared to last month.We are having more sunny days now and a little less rainy days. It is warm but not too hot and more Summer fruits are not showing up in the market, and one of them is my favorite Cantaloupe! I was very excited when I saw plenty of Cantaloupe in the market last weekend, and since there’s an abundance of it, the price was so cheap, a perfect time to buy more.
Cantaloupe is one of my favorite Summer fruit, this is one fruit that really reminds me so much of my childhood. We love having this as a drink more than eating it on its own. There’s two way my Mom makes this for us. The first one is the simple grate the Cantaloupe add water, sugar and ice. This version is really refreshing and it retains a lot of the Cantaloupe taste. The second way is using milk instead of water, which is what I like more. This version is super delicious, almost like drinking a Cantaloupe flavored milk plus good source of Calcium too. The secret to this delicious drink is blending the Cantaloupe until really smooth so that it mixes well with the Milk. Trust me when I tell you, this milk drink is over the top delicious! I hope you’ll give it a try.
What are the Ingredients for Cantaloupe Milk Drink?
- Cantaloupe – Use fresh Cantaloupe cut into cubes for easier blending.
- Sweetener – I used granulated sugar as sweetener. You can substitute it with any plant based sweetener as well. Add gradually as the measurement vary depending on the type of sweetener used. Another option is sugar syrup which is basically equal parts of water and sugar simmered until fully dissolved. If using sugar syrup, I suggest making it ahead of time and keep refrigerated to allow it to come into a thick syrup consistency. The longer it stays in the refrigerator the thicker it will get. You can make it a week in advance. Often times, I make a batch and keep it refrigerated for when I make smoothie or ice tea drinks that needs sweetener. Be aware though that keeping it longer than a week could start make the sugar crystalize, when this happens simply pour small amount of hot water to dissolve the sugar.
- Milk – can be substituted with non dairy milk, but full fat milk is the best option for this.
How to Make Cantaloupe Milk Drink
This so easy you can make it in 5 minutes. Simply put all the ingredients in a blender, then blend until smooth or to the texture that you like. You are DONE! That simple. Pour in a glass with ice and ENJOY 🙂
- 1 cup full fat Milk
- 1 Whole Small size Cantaloupe – cut into cubes
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Sugar (or any other sweetener of your choice)
In a blender, pour milk then add cantaloupe and sweetener. Blend until smooth. You can have it really smooth or slightly smooth with where you can still feel the texture of the Cantaloupe.
Makes about 4 cups
- Smooth & Creamy Mango Lassi
- [VIDEO] Sugar Free Strawberry Pineapple Cooler
- Strawberry Mango Slushie
- Single Serving Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Friday Drink Day – Blueberry Cold Brew Tea Iced Tea
- Pumpkin Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- Single Serving Blueberry Ice Cream Float
- Friday Drink Day – Cold Brew Peach & Mint Iced Tea
- Pumpkin Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- Friday Drink Day – Raspberry & Dragon Fruit Lemonade
- Banana Orange Apple Strawberry
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA