Fresh and creamy Strawberry Milk Drink is one of my Summer favorite drink. I wouldn’t say it is one of those quench thirsting drink like lemonade or ice tea, but more like a dessert drink. Lighter than smoothie and shakes, but equally as delicious. You cannot go wrong using your Strawberry to make this drink
I am a lover or Strawberry milk drink. I just love the milky and creamy taste of it. But unfortunately, I had never found any strawberry milk drink in the grocery that I like. They always with no fail makes me feel disappointed as soon as a take a sip. It’s more of a milk drink with artificial color and flavoring. No Strawberry flavor whatsoever. I am not sure if I am just too picky when it comes to Strawberry milk drink, or maybe there is really nothing out there that taste great.
This Strawberry Milk Drink is a REAL Strawberry Milk Drink. No food colouring or artificial flavouring, only fresh real Strawberry. This is a 3 ingredients milk drink, easy, simple and absolutely heavenly creamy delicious. When I first saw a video of this, I immediately knew I have to make it. It seems this drink is popular in Japan and are sold in ready to drink bottles.
Most of the video I saw did the mashing of Strawberry manually which is ok but will take more time. This is a good alternative method if you do not have blender or mixer. I find that using a blender or mixer to purée the Strawberry produces a more Strawberry flavor, plus it saves a lot of time, it makes the process faster too.
What Type of Milk to Use
I used full fat milk to get the best and creamiest milk drink consistency. I feel that when making this kind of drink, full fat is the best way to go. But this doesn’t mean you cannot use other types of milk. Low fat will just mean less creamy milk drink which is not bad if that is your preference. You can even use non-dairy milk like Almond, cashew, oats, soy or coconut.
3 Ingredients Strawberry Milk Drink
- Strawberry – Use fresh, ripe and sweet Strawberry. Using frozen Strawberry will have a different texture, more like smoothie but lighter.
- Granulated Sugar – You can use any sweetener that you like. Make sure to adjust the measurement as it will depend on what sweetener you are using. I used between 1/4 – 1/3 cup granulated sugar.
- Full Fat Milk – For a creamier taste, use full fat milk. Non dairy will work too but it will not be as creamy and delicious as when using full fat dairy milk
How to Make Strawberry Milk Drink
If using blender or mixer: wash the Strawberry and remove the top. Cut the Strawberry into small pieces or put the whole strawberry in the mixer or blender. If you are using a larger mixer or blender, you can add the sugar immediately then blend to purée. If using small mixer like what I have, you can add the sugar once the Strawberry is puréed, this way there is room for the sugar to mix.
Manually: if doing it manually, wash and cut the Strawberry into smaller pieces. The smaller the pieces, the easier it is to mash it manually. You can use a fork, pastry cutter or the end of a wooden spoon and mash it until the juices starts to release. Then add sweetener and leave for at least 30 minutes. If using granulated sugar or any dry sweetener, it is good to let it sit for awhile so the sugar dissolves properly.
Once you have the puréed Strawberry, pour it in a glass and add the milk. Add chopped Strawberry, this is totally optional. Shake or stir to mix. Pour in a glass with ice.
- 1 lb Fresh Strawberry
- 1 1/2 cups Full Fat Milk
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup granulated Sugar (Amount of sugar could depend on how sweet the Strawberry)
- Prepare the Strawberry: Wash and cut the Strawberry into small pieces. Set aside 1/3 cup for mixing later. Transfer the remaining in a blender and add the sugar. Blend until you end up with a Strawberry Puree. You can add or reduce the sugar depending on your sweetness preference
- Serve: Pour the Starwberry puree in a serving glass. Add the Strawberry that was set aside, add some ice cubes .Pour the milk and stir to combine. Enjoy!
My Latest Video
- Smooth & Creamy Mango Lassi
- Strawberry Mango Slushie
- Single Serving Blueberry Ice Cream Float
- Papaya and Mango Slushie
- Watermelon and Lychee Slushie
- Hawaiian Ice Cream Float
- Earl Grey Boba Milk Tea
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie, 3 Ways
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA