This Strawberry Cream Cheese Swirl Banana Bread is more than just a regular banana bread. It has bits and pieces of fresh Strawberry plus a homemade Strawberry Jam swirled on top along with the smooth cream cheese.
Breakfast for me is a MUST, I cannot start my day without it. It doesn’t matter what time I wake up, if I wake up at 11:00am then breakfast at 11:00am it is. Sleeping in happens rarely these days, but I try to extend as much as I can. What I look forward the most during weekends and every morning it what I’ll have for breakfast. Since its part of my routine, I have to plan it ahead of time. Banana Bread, Muffins, Scones, Biscuits, Oatmeal, Pancakes and Breakfast Wrap is what’s often in my menu plan and I never get tired of them. Sometimes I’ll have simple toast or homemade bread or even Chai Pudding. I love breakfast that are easy and quick to make, and even more those that can be made ahead of time because they are really a time saver. This Strawberry Cream Cheese Swirl Banana Bread is one of my favorite Banana Bread variation. It’s extra special with all the extra special ingredients that goes into it. It has fresh Strawberry, homemade Strawberry Jam, Cream Cheese and of course Banana. It had a nice creamy taste an at the same time a sweet and tangy taste from Cream Cheese and Strawberry.
I took this to work one time and my friend thought it had white chocolate in it. I was told it was so creamy it almost taste like there’s a white chocolate added into it. They loved it and I love it too. Mission accomplished.
Can I make this using only fresh Strawberry?
Yes of course, that means you won’t be able to swirl it on top along with the cream cheese. The swirled Strawberry Jam on top gave a different texture and taste, it added moisture and gave a nice taste that compliment the cream cheese swirl.
Can I make this in a muffin tin?
Yes you can. Adjust the baking time as needed. I would say 18- 23 minutes then to check if done. If center is still wet, bake for another 3 – 5 more minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean of crumbs.
Homemade or Store-Bought Strawberry Jam
You can other jam, store-bought and homemade both work fine. However, take not that most store-bought jam are smoother than chunkier, so you will not get the bits and pieces of Strawberry in the loaf. Making homemade jam is so easy, give it a try.
Featured Video: Strawberry Swirl Banana Bread
- 1/4 cup unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 large Egg lightly beaten – room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 large ripe Banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh Strawberry (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon granulated Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoon Strawberry Jam
For the Cream Cheese
- 4 tablespoon softened Cream Cheese ( In a box, NOT the cream cheese spread in a tub)
- 1 tablespoon granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line loaf pan (8 x 4 inch (20 x 10 cm) with parchment paper extending to the sides of the pan. You can also lightly butter or spray loaf pan with a vegetable spray. A bigger loaf pan or a muffin tin can also be use but you have to adjust the baking time.
- Melt Butter: In a small saucepan melt the butter. Let cool to room temperature.
- Wet Ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the egg, vanilla extract and mashed banana. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Dry Ingredients: In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently fold in the Strawberry, making sure they are coated with flour. (This helps to prevent the Strawberry from sinking during baking.)
- Make the Cream Cheese Filling: Mix sugar and softened cream cheese until soft and smooth. Add vanilla extract and mix again to distribute.
- Wet ingredients + Dry Ingredients: Pour wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough bread will result.
- Pour the batter Pour half of the batter in the prepared pan. Put half of the cream cheese filling in the center, use any pointed item to create a swirl. Cover with the rest of the batter. Push the pan back and forth to even the top. Distribute the remaining cream cheese filling on top along with the Strawberry Jam. Again, use any pointed item to create a swirl pattern on top.
- Bake: Place in the oven and bake until a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- 8 x 4 inch Loaf Pan: 50 to 55 minutes.
- Medium size muffin tins: 20 – 25 minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Can be stored for a few days at room temperature.
Makes 8 slices
Here are some other banana recipes, check them out!
- Jumbo Banana Chocolate Sponge Muffin
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins
- [VIDEO] Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Cream Cheese Swirl Banana Bread
- Chickpea Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Blueberry Pecan Crumble Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Walnut Crumble
- Walnut Coffee Crumble Banana Bread
My Other Videos:
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Leave a Reply