Quick and easy Almond Chocolate Tart. This version is faster to make with one less step of making tart crust from scratch. The tart crust uses a store-bought mini pie crust what could be faster and easier than that. The filling is a pur chocolate ganache that is decadent and creamy. Bits and pieces of chopped Almond is added at the base and on top for a nice added crunch. Overall, this is a smooth, creamy, decadent dessert perfect for any day.
Do you still have hangover from all the sweets you ate over the Holiday season? Talking about Holiday feels like it was ages ago and not juts over a month ago. I have to admit even after a month, I still have hang-over from all the sweet treats I enjoyed. No regrets, it was a nice delicious Holiday to remember. I don’t think I am ready yet to take so much desserts at this time, but I welcome a small treats just to complete my meal. So this recipe is perfect for times like that. Let me tell you why I love this recipe:
- Super easy to make. Because this is a shortcut chocolate tart, I used a store-bought mini tart shell, that cuts the time making the pie crust. There is no shame in using store-bought from time to time. We got to do what we got to do, and that is more time to chill and relax and still enjoy delicious decadent dessert.
- Only 4 Ingredients: Not counting the nuts because you can make this without it, it just end up with 4 ingredients. This could even be made to 3 ingredients if you do not like to sweeten it. I tried both sweetened and unsweetened and I like it better with a bit of sweetness. Just a bit, not too much. Totally up to you.
- Small Batch: You can make this into a large batch by simply doubling the ingredients. Since this dessert is so rich, creamy and decadent, I often prefer making it in small batch of 4. Enough to share with one person, or to keep all to myself.
- Make-Ahead: This is a great make-ahead dessert and will last even up to a week in the refrigerator. When you have a chocolate craving, this dessert will get you covered.
About This Recipe
- Ease in Making the Recipe: This is a shortcut recipe, so I would say… super EASY! The hard part is waiting for it to set. Just go do other things and STOP thinking about it 🙂 This recipe uses store-bought tart/pie crust which makes the process a shortcut. The chocolate ganache filling can be done in 10 – 15 minutes.
- Ingredients: Only 5 ingredients if you use all that I listed. The nut is optional but if you have it, add it. All ingredients are easy to find.
- Texture, Taste & Flavor: The chocolate is so rich, creamy and decadent. This is such a sweet chocolate lovers treat. I wouldn’t take credit for the tart because it is store-bought but over-all it taste great fro something so easy to make.
- Make-Ahead: Yes! Definitely. In fact, if you can make this at least 1 day ahead, that would be better. The texture of the ganache will be better after it has enough or more than enough time to set. You can keep this in the refrigerator up to a week (or maybe more), but it doesn’t really last that long for me, its a small batch of 4. I don’t need the entire week to eat 4 small pieces, so no issue with leftover.
Ingredients for Shortcut Mini Almond Chocolate Tart
- Mini Pie Tart Shell – Since this is a shortcut tart, I used ready to use frozen tart shell. You can also make your own pie/tart crust but the idea is to make a shortcut easy tart so store-bought is the way to go for this method. If you ended up making your own pie/tart dough, you can use mini muffin pan to bake the crust.
- Baking Chocolate Bar – Use a good quality chocolate. Use the baking chocolate that comes in a bar. This type of chocolate melts faster and produces smoother more fluid consistency when melted. If chocolate chips is all you have, then by all means us that. The texture will be different but it is still a chocolate tart.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – For creamy and rich ganache, use heavy whipping cream
- Sweetener – I suggest using a liquid sweetener as this acts both as a sweetener and to make a smoother fluid consistency. I also helps the chocolate to remain soft to eat almost like a mouse.
- Nuts – Almonds, hazelnut, pecan, walnut are good options to use. I seldom use peanut but if that is what you have, then go for it.
How to Make Shortcut Mini Almond Chocolate Tart
This is such an easy recipe. Start by baking the tart shell. Because this is the only time you are baking this tart, baking the shell is a MUST. Bake the tart shell for about 25 minutes or until nicely browned. You can toast the nuts the same time you are baking the tart, just make sure to remove it after 5 – 10 minutes since the baking temperature is at 350F. You can also use oven toaster to toast the nuts.
While the tart shell is baking, make the chocolate ganache filling. Melt the chopped chocolate, cream, butter and honey in the microwave. Because this is a small batch, I find using the microwave is the easier method to go. You can also melt this by placing the bowl on top of a pan with simmering water. Make sure to not let the water touch the bottom of the pan.
Once you have the baked tart crust and chocolate ganache, all you need to do is to put them together. Sprinkle some chopped nuts then pour the chocolate ganach. Tap the tart for smoother flatter top. I actually forgot to do this so you can tell that the top is not as smooth and flat. I also made this when the temperature is quite cold outside so the chocolate sets faster. Anyway, just tap for a prettier look.
You MUST chill this tart, no shortcut on this. The chocolate has to be completely set before serving it otherwise that chocolate ganache will ooze out when you bite on the tart. That will be a messy not so fun way of enjoying it. I like to chill mine in the refrigerator. It will also set when left on counter top at room temperature but that will take hrs, that is not a shortcut at all. This recipe is all about making our life easier, so chill it in the refrigerator, ok?
Tips in Making Shortcut Mini Almond Chocolate Tart
- Use good quality chocolate, that will be the main ingredient that will decided whether you end up with a chocolate tart that you cannot stop eating
- Chilling is a MUST. The base of the chocolate filling is basically chocolate ganache. You need to let this chill and set before serving it. I like to keep it refrigerated overnight for better texture. I find that it taste even better after few days of being in the refrigerator. It will harden if left overnight in room temperature, but the texture will be softer but smooth so still great.
- Melt the chocolate in short intervals. Do it in short duration of 30 seconds, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- 4 Frozen ready to use Mini Pie Tart Shell
- 2 ounces Dark/Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Bar
- 3 tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Honey (for sweeter taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted Almonds or any Nuts– optional
- Mini Pie Tart Shell – You can your own pie crust and bake it in a mini muffin tin. I have a pie crust recipe HERE
- Almonds – can be substituted with Pecan, Hazelnut, Walnut, Pistachio
- Honey – can be substituted with Maple Syrup
- Blind bake (pre-bake) the mini tart shell 350 for 25 minutes.
- Toast the Nuts: If using nuts, toast the nuts at 300F for 10 – 15 minutes or until fragrant. Let cool then chop to small pieces.
- Make the Chocolate Ganache Filling: In a microwave safe bowl, add the chopped chocolates, butter, cream and honey. Microwave at 30 seconds interval until fully melted.
- Alternatively, you can also pour hot cream to the chopped chocolate, butter and honey and let it sit for 10 minutes before stirring. Microwave only if there are more big chucks that is not dissolved.
- Pour the Chocolate Ganache: Remove the tart from the oven and divide put chopped Almonds in each shell. Set aside some for toppings. Pour the chocolate ganache and divide between the 4 tart shell. Sprinkle more Almonds on top.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hr before serving or until the chocolate has set.
Makes 4 pieces
Nutritional Information was calculated using Veryfitwell Recipe Calorie and Nutrition Calculator. For details about Nutritional Information in this website, please read the Disclaimer page.
My Latest Video
Click the item to get the full recipe
- Mango Custard Tart
- Raspberry Frangipane Tart
- Apricot Almond Tart
- Pear and Almond Tart
- Strawberry Cheese Tart
- Chocolate Brownie Tart
- Caramel Apple Tarts
- Peach Galette
- Chocolate Frangipane Tart
- Banoffee Tart
- Mango Galette
- Feta and Tomato Pizza Pie
- Blueberry Custard Pie Tart
- Apricot Tart
- Mini Chocolate Banana Tart
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Delightful! How did they sit there long enough to get photographed! Chocolate ganache is one of my absolute favorite things in the world!
LikeLiked by 1 person
agree!! simple, easy and decadent chocolate ganache .. ended up making another batch 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person