This simple and easy Roasted Cabbage is a great way to add more veggies in your meal. This taste so good and so flavorful this alone is a meal on its own. Serve this with steamed rice or eat it on its own. It’s own, either way they are both delicious. You’re going to thank me for this, trust me.
About This Recipe
- Ease in Making the Recipe: What can I say? It cannot get any easier than this. This is a VERY simple and easy recipe that you can make is 30 minutes! Yes, that’s fast. No complicated process, no long list of ingredients. You don’t need any cooking skills to be able to make something simple and delicious as this. The most of what you will do for this is to cut the cabbage, season and bake it. How easy it that?
- Ingredients: Not only is the process simple, the ingredients are very simple and easy to find too. The seasoning and spices are flexible to change, you can use whether to use olive oil or butter or a combination or both. Then we have Parmesan cheese which is highly recommend as it adds a really nice taste to the roasted cabbage, and one of course the cabbage which is the main ingredients, that’s it!
- Texture, Taste & Flavor: I was surprised how tasty and flavorful this turned out to be. Cabbage are known to be something bland, but not this recipe. This dish is pact with flavor, and I especially like the addition of Parmesan cheese which gives takes the taste to the next level. That small amount of Parmesan cheese made a huge difference. I like the subtle garlic flavor and the heat from the peppers. The cabbage is so tender, you don’t even need knife to cut it. It literally separates on its own. I’m this is so good!
- Make-Ahead: No. I suggest to make this the same day you are serving it. I mean it only takes about 30 minutes to make it, so just do it the same day. It taste nice while warm out from the oven, the flavor and taste are so intense.
Let’s Talk About the Ingredients for Roasted Cabbage
There are 3 key ingredients for this recipe. I am grouping all the seasoning and spices in 1 group because they are all flexible and can be changed
- Cabbage – the main key ingredient is the Cabbage. You can use any size of Cabbage but I find it easier to slice smaller Cabbage so I often go for small to medium size Cabbage
- Parmesan Cheese – this made a huge difference, so don’t skip it. I used powdered Parmesan cheese. You can also use fresh and grate it.
- Olive Oil and/or Butter – You can use either or use a combination of both. I’ve tried using put olive oil and the combination of both and personally like the later. As always, butter makes food taste better, but if you want to stay on the good side, then use olive oil instead
- Seasonings and Spices – the seasonings I used are the basic salt and peppers, plus Italian seasoning which is my favorite spice blend. You can use any dried spices that you prefer. What I really like about this is the slight spiciness the peppers gave. If you are not into spicy food, decrease or replace the peppers with whatever you like. The garlic I would recommend to retain it, it gave a really nice taste. I’ve tried using powdered and fresh, and as expected the fresh gave a better taste and flavor. You can use either or a combination of both
How to Make Roasted Cabbage
Start by mixing the oil/butter mixture with the seasoning and spices.
Once done, wash the Cabbage and remove few layers of the outer Cabbage. Normally these are the wilted damage ones. Cut the cabbage into 4 rounds. Depending on the size of the Cabbage, you could have about 4 – 6 rounds. I used small Cabbage and was able to cut 4 pieces.
Spray the baking sheet with olive oil. Arrange the Cabbage in a baking sheet and brush both sides with the oil mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes at 350F or until the Cabbage are soft. Remove from the oven and sprinkle more garlic powder and paprika on top before serving.
Tips in Making Roasted Cabbage
- Be generous on the seasoning. There is nothing but seasoning that will flavor this Cabbage, so use all the oil mixture or add more as needed if you have a larger Cabbage
- Roast the Cabbage until really soft, it makes a huge difference.
- Do not skip the Parmesan cheese, this sealed the deal for this simple dish
- 1 whole medium size Cabbage
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil ( or 1 tablespoon butter + 2 tablespoon Olive Oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder or 1 clove minced Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 tablespoon powdered Parmesan Cheese
- All spices and seasonings can be substituted with other spices and seasonings that you like.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F.
- Mix the Seasoning and Spices. Pour the oil in a small bowl. Add all the seasoning and spices and stir to combine.
- Prepare the Cabbage: Wash the cabbage. Remove few leaves of the cabbage. Cut the bottom to remove the hard part. Cut the cabbage in 4 pieces about 1-inch thick. The amount of slices depends on how big the cabbage you are using.
- Season: Arrange in a baking sheet. Brush both sides of each slices with the oil and seasoning mixture. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese only in the side facing up.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until nicely charred. Remove from the oven and sprinkle top with more paprika and garlic powder.
- Serve with steamed rice or have it on its own
Serves 2 (small cabbage)
- For easier cutting, use a small to medium size cabbage
- Season, season, season. Cabbage do not have much taste as is, so be generous in spices and seasonings.
Nutritional Information was calculated using Veryfitwell Recipe Calorie and Nutrition Calculator. For details about Nutritional Information in this website, please read the Disclaimer page.
My Latest Video
Click the item to get the full recipe
- Parmesan Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- Mediterranean Green Beans Tomato Salad
- White Beans & Grilled Veggie Salad
- Smokey BBQ Cauliflower Bites
- Whole Roasted Garlic and Herb Cauliflower
- Baked Cauliflower Teriyaki
- Spiralized Cucumber Sesame Salad
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Shrimp and Avocado Stack Salad
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Cabbage takes on such wonderful flavor when roasted. This looks delicious.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I was late in the game discovering this Roasted Cabbage, I wished I knew sooner. Taste so good.
LikeLiked by 1 person