Simple and easy appetizer, great for party, get together or for any day of the week. This BBQ Cauliflower was coated with BBQ sauce, baked and served with garlic dipping sauce. Budget friendly and smokey delicious!
I bet a lot of us has been going crazy over sweet treats lately. Yes? No? I am definitely in the Yes camp. But you know there’s only so much sweets I can eat until I start craving for something savory. In fact, even if I do not eat lots of sweets, I have the eating habit of alternating sweet and salty when I am eating. I often end with something salty even more after eating the dessert. I know it might sound odd to have a craving for Cauliflower, but I often times have that cauliflower craving whenever I look at this BBQ Cauliflower or whenever I have a sugar overload.
Baked BBQ Cauliflower
I hope I am not confusing you with calling this BBQ, as this was actually baked. I called it BBQ because of the BBQ flavor more than the mode of cooking it. You can definitely use a grill to cook the BBQ Cauliflower whichever is easier for you. During Summer, I often make a large batch of this and use the grill to make it. I like the smokey flavor the grilling adds to the Cauliflower, but do not worry because baking it is as good as grilling it. The secret is not in the method that you use, but in the BBQ Sauce.
The Secret is in the Sauce
Yes, the BBQ Sauce. Use your favorite BBQ sauce. There are numerous types of BBQ sauce in the market. I often get the spicy one whenever they are available because I love spicy food. For this one, I only found the original, not spicy at all. I decided to add more spices to the sauce. If you do not like spicy food, you can decrease or omit the extra peppers in this recipe.
Pick a large Cauliflower for this so you get a nice large florets that is easy to pick and bite size. Mine was about 700lbs, that big but I did not use all of it, I only use half. I wish I did because it turned out to be really delicious and versatile in terms of how and where to use it. I eat this as is, use it as topping for rice bowl, pizza, for salad and for noodles.
I serve this as an appetizer or as main dish on top of steamed rice for Meat Free Monday, sometimes I use it for making rice and salad bowls, with mashed potato or as toppings for Vegan BBQ Cauliflower Pizza. So let me show you how I made this. let’s get started!
- 360g Cauliflower Florets
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- Ranch Dressing (for dipping) – optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Mix the Spices: In a small bowl, mix the BBQ sauce, garlic powder, salt, paprika and red chili flakes.
- Prepare the Cauliflower: Wash and cut the Cauliflower into bite size florets. Shake to remove excess water. Pour the BBQ sauce mixture. Toss until the florets are coated, if needed, add more BBQ sauce to fully coat each piece. Sometimes you will need more if the florets are bigger than usual. Transfer in a parchment line baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer in a serving plate.
- Serve: Serve as is, or serve with mashed potato on the side, or use as toppings for rice and salad bowl, or serve with steamed rice.
My Latest Video:
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Whole Roasted Garlic and Herb Cauliflower
- Shrimp Cauliflower “Rice”
- Cauliflower and Potato Curry in Coconut Sauce
- Garlic and Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower
- Mexican Cauliflower ‘Rice’
- Cauliflower and Quinoa Meatballs
- Cauliflower Fritters
- Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Chickpea and Cauliflower Spinach Egg Wrap
- Oven Baked Cauliflower Popcorn
- Vegeterian Cauliflower and Quinoa Meatballs
- BBQ Cauliflower Pizza
- Baked Cauliflower Teriyaki
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Your feedback helps me decide what to put on my next baking to do list. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA