Summer is surely getting into me. I had been craving for anything blueberry these past few days. I don’t know what’s going on here so I am just blaming it on the nice summer days. I just cannot stop thinking aboutBlueberry Cake, Blueberry Pie, Blueberry Cheesecake, Blueberry Donut and the list goes on. Argg!
I have to put a stop into this, and so I gave in to my carvings and here goes Blueberry Crumb Bars! Oh la, la, this made me really happy. Now I can have my peace of mind back. This is why I love easy and simple recipes like these. I can make it so quickly and enjoy it sooner than later.
The fruity and tangy flavor of the fresh blueberries complemented the buttery texture of the base and the crumbs. To make it even more special, Ice cream please! Oh! As if the bars is not good enough. Don’t just sit there imagining about th crumb bars. It’s so easy, go and plan to make this crumb bars. Let’s get started!
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed and softened (but not melted, just enough to create a dent when you push your finger in the butter)
- 1 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries OR 1 cup fresh blueberry and 1 cup of Canned Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Note: Double the recipe for a bigger batch and bake in 8×8-inch pan for the same baking time.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray with oil and line a 5-inch or 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Make sure to leave some overhang for easy removal. Set aside.
- Mix all the filling ingredients and refrigerate while you prepare the crust. Drain and remove excess juice before using later.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt. Cut the butter into pieces and add it to the mixture. Using a mixer, beat on low-speed until you have coarse crumbs.
- Set aside 1 cup of the mixture and press it in the prepared pan, firmly press it down into an even layer. Put in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to harden the crust. Reserve remaining 1/2 cup of the dough mixture for topping, keep refrigerated while you pre-bake the dough crust.
- Pre-bake the dough crust at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and the edges are lightly golden brown. Take out from the oven.
- Pour the blueberry filling mixture over the dough. Remove the remaining crumbs topping from the refrigerator and sprinkle on top of blueberry filling. Return to the oven and bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the top and the juices are bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Let cool completely before slicing.
Makes 6 – 8 bars for big batch (8×8 square pan), and 4 bars for small batch (5×5-square pan)
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥