Let me show you how easy it is to make your own puff pastry at home. Watch till the end to see what can make with this puff pastry. Enjoy!
Here goes another easy puff pastry recipe for you to try. I’ve said this over and over again, and I will say it again. Having a puff pastry dough always available makes my life easy breezy. It’s like my little busy day helper, always ready to assist me make the easiest breakfast, snack or even dinner! Yes, puff pastry is so versatile you can actually use it for a lot of things sweet and savory. The simplest way for me to use puff party is always just to stuff something in it, like this Jalapeño Puff, or sometimes with fruits like Apple Turnover or Chocolate Banana Pocket Pie. I still had some cold colds in my freezer and few pieces of fresh jalapeño so I thought it make it into something crunchy delicious breakfast. It’s weekend and I wouldn’t pass for something as easy as this to prepare. I had it rolled and stuffed before I went to bed then returned it to the freezer. The following day, I took it out of the freezer and baked it as soon as I woke up. No thawing needed, just straight up into the oven. After 25 minutes, my freshly baked breakfast puff are ready to be devoured!
It’s flaky, just like how puff pastry should be, it’s cheesy just like how it should be in my world, don’t worry about the jalapeño, it’s not even hot or spicy which I was kind of hoping it would be. Let me show you how I made it. Let’s get Started!
What Type of Puff Pasty to Buy
There’s no shame in using a readily available puff pastry, you got to do what you got to do, so go grab them. There are 2 types that I normally saw in the grocery.
- There’s one that are cut into 2 thick square. This type of puff pastry will require you to roll and flatten it into about 1/8 inch thickness. It’s not difficult to do that, but that still adds time when you are in a hurry. Also, you have to target of at least having an even surface. I box contains 2 cut puff pastry.
- Then there’s my favorite type, the flat puff. They normally comes in 2 pieces per box, and all you have to do is thaw it a little bit in the fridge , unroll and cut them to size and shape you like. The thickness is even, so it’s you are assured that they will bake at the same time. The little time you save will make a huge difference when your tight on schedule. That will give you some time to clean up and relax before the party starts.
So those are you’re 2 options, if you are not considering on making your own puff pastry. You can choose which one is available in your grocery. But definitely go for the 2nd one if they have it.
- 1 Roll of Puff Pastry (Homemade or Store-bought)
- 6 Cheese Sticks (Cheddar, Mozarella, Pepper Jack etc.) – cut lengthwise about 2.5″ long
- 2 Large fresh Jalapeno Pepper – cut lengthwise about 2.5″ long
- 3 pieces Cold Cuts (Ham, Bacon, Turkey etc)
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out and cut puff pastry into 9 square pieces ( about 3.5×3.5 each). You can make it bigger if you like, you just need to add more filling.
- Wrap the cheese and jalapeno pepper with cold cuts. Brush sides of puff pastry with water then fold to cover the wrapped cold cuts. Press the sides with your thumb, or use a fork to seal or fold.
- Add 1 tsp water of water to beaten egg and stir. Brush top of the rolled puff pastry with egg wash. The egg wash is meant to make the top shinny and golden brown when it bakes.
- Bake for 22 – 27 minutes or until the top turns brown and flaky.
Makes 9 pieces
Another item similar to this is my Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Melt, check it out!
My Latest Video
Other Appetizer Ideas:
- Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Cheese Hand Pie
- Puff Pastry Jalapeño and Cheese Bites
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Puff Pastry Bites, Easy Holiday Appetizer
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Puffs
- Make-Ahead Appetizer: Mini Pigs in a Blanket
- Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Melt
- Mini Chocolate Puff Pastry Croissant
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Margherita Puff Pastry Bites
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Baking, Puff Pastry, Recipe, Savoury
I love puff pastry and I’m sure this is really good!
LikeLiked by 1 person