This Hawaiian Ice Cream Float is going to refresh your fond summer memories. Trip to Hawaii maybe? A simple summer drink made with pineapple, coconut water, pineapple juice and vanilla ice cream. It’s as simple as making a smoothie, but with the addition of ice cream to make it extra special and chill, because why not? Ice cream seems to make things better especially during hot summer days, so bring it on!
This Hawaiian Ice Cream Float was inspired by my Blueberry Ice Cream Float. The concept is the same, smoothie plus ice cream and top with ice cream when serving. Although the concept is the same, the flavor and experience is different. This Hawaiian Ice Cream Float has a tropical feel and flavor, add some sliced pineapple on the side of the serving glass and a cute colorful toothpick umbrella and it’s almost like you are vacationing in a tropical place, like Hawaii. I would have added it If I have them on hand.
4 Ingredients Hawaiian Ice Cream Float
- Pineapple Syrup and Pineapple Juice – If you are using canned pineapple (which is what I recommend you use), make use of the pineapple syrup. That syrup is mildly sweet, it will add sweetness to the drink. Mix it with pineapple juice, you need at least 1/2 cup of the mix. If you are not using canned pineapple, you can use pure pineapple juice and add a bit of sweetener as needed.
- Coconut Water – To enhance the tropical taste, use coconut water or you can also use more pineapple juice.
- Pineapple – Use frozen pineapple to get a nice thick consistency.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Feel free to use other flavor, but vanilla for me is the best flavor for this Hawaiian inspired ice cream float
For this recipe, I recommend using the canned pineapple because it is sweeter, plus the pineapple syrup adds a nice sweetness and you wouldn’t need extra sweetener. Whatever syrup you can get, mix it with pineapple juice to get 1/2 cup in total, then another 1/4 cup of coconut water. If you do not have coconut water, you can substitute it with 1/4 cup pineapple juice. You can change the proportion and have more coconut water then pineapple or equal parts of each. The liquid helps the drink to mix properly, plus it adds flavor.
What Ice Cream Flavor Works Best for Hawaiian Ice Cream Float?
I personally think that Vanilla ice cream is the BEST choice of flavor for this ice cream float because it has a neutral taste that work well with Pineapple, plus it is easy to find. Let’s just say it is the safe delicious choice, and you cannot go wrong with vanilla ice cream anyway. I only use 3/4 cup ice cream, feel free to add more, the more the merrier. Make sure to stir as needed to help the ingredients to mix easily.
Top the float with scoop of ice cream before serving because hey, it’s not a float without the ice cream on top. So don’t forget that extra ice cream treat, that’s what sealed the deal for this float.
- 1/2 cup mix Pineapple Syrup and Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup Coconut Water
- 300g Frozen canned Pineapple (use all the syrup to mix with the pineapple juice)
- 3/4 cup Vanilla Ice Cream (Divided: 1/2 cup for mixing, 1/4 cup for topping)
- 1 teaspoon granulated Sugar – optional
Add coconut water, pineapple juice and pineapple syrup, 1/2 cup ice cream, frozen pineapple and sugar (if using) in a blender. Make sure to add the pineapple juice and coconut water first so that it blends easily. Blend until smooth and thick. Transfer in a serving glass and scoop vanilla ice cream on top, sprinkle shredded coconut (optional).
In case you are wondering what is that beautiful looking delicious pineapple dish in the background, that is my Hawaiian Shrimp Fried Rice. Check it out!
Note: If you are using fresh pineapple, select the ripe sweet pineapple. For the pineapple syrup, replace it with more pineapple or coconut water instead.
My Latest Video
- Smooth & Creamy Mango Lassi
- Strawberry Mango Slushie
- Single Serving Blueberry Ice Cream Float
- Papaya and Mango Slushie
- Watermelon and Lychee Slushie
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie, 3 Ways
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA