Hi Guys! Today I’m sharing with you a super easy way to make Double Cheese French Toast Sandwich. You’ve probably seen different versions of this French toast as people are going crazy over this sandwich. It is basically and egg and cheese sandwich done differently with a result that is absolutely delicious and something that you would immediately want to get your hands into.
Since I make egg breakfast almost every week, I thought I’d share with you some of my easy breakfast idea. We can all use some easy recipe now and then, right? I’m calling this series Easy Egg-citing Recipes where I will share simple egg recipes that you can make in no time at all. This is the kind of recipe that I make during busy weekdays and even during the weekends. The main ingredients will be egg, plus more to make it filling and satisfying. This is the type of recipe that I guarantee you can make at home, no cooking skills needed. Just get cracking, and cook the egg!
Egg is probably one staple ingredient is use for breakfast, it is so versatile you can have it hard boiled, scrambled, over easy, fried, poach and baked. It is easy to prepare regardless of how you want it cool, plus it is affordable breakfast that most people love it, me included. So what’s in a egg? Let’s go check!
What’s In an Egg?
Yolk is the yellow portion of the egg and this is full of nutrients, vitamins and fats. Those who are watching their diet normally avoid the egg yolk because of the fat content. Then we have the White which is packed with protein and water, the healthy part of the egg. Have you noticed, there is a white strand floating somewhere in the mix? I thought before this is part of the egg white, but it seems this is actually part of what makes up the egg. This is called the chalazae. It anchors the yolk to the white and to the inside of the shell, keeping the yolk suspended.
How to Store Egg
- Always keep eggs in the carton. the carton protects the eggs and prevents them from absorbing strong odors and flavors of other foods in your fridge through the thousands of tiny pores in the egg shell. Secondly, the Best Before Date is always visible to you so you can guarantee freshness. Lastly, eggs should always be stored with the large end up, the same way they are packaged in the carton. This helps the yolk remain centered.
- Eggs should not be stored on the refrigerator door, but in the main body of the refrigerator to ensure that they keep a consistent and cool temperature.
- Leftover raw egg whites and yolks should be put in airtight containers and stored in the refrigerator immediately. To prevent yolks from drying out, cover them with a little cold water. Drain the water before using.
- When storing hard boiled eggs, you may notice a “gassy” odor in your refrigerator. The odor is caused by hydrogen sulfide, which forms when eggs are cooked. It’s harmless and usually dissipates in a few hours.
What is French Toast Omelette Sandwich?
It’s a mashed up between French toast and an egg sandwich. You can definitely make this sandwich the easier way which is normal what most of us will do. That is soak the bread in egg mixture, cook the bread on stove top, cook the scramble egg separately and prepare it as a sandwich with cheese in it. I think what makes this toast so popular is the not so traditional way of making it, which makes it interesting to most people (including me).
What are the Ingredients for Double Cheese French Toast Omelette Sandwich
- Egg – find that 2 large eggs are good enough, but if you prefer a thicker and more egg, you can make it to 3 for one serving of bread
- Sandwich Bread – You can use white or whole wheat sliced sandwich bread. The square size bread makes an even size when you cut and fold it. You can also use a whole slice of bread if you prefer a large size portion. We are not soaking the bread for a long time so make sure to use a fairly new sandwich bread, not the stale old bread that is dry.
- Cheese – I like using Mozzarella cheese and grate them, I find the taste is better and the melting factor is amazing. Pre-grated cheese have cornstarch in it so it will not melt as fast since we are not cooking this bread for a long time. Most recipes uses cheese singles, they melt fast and they are pretty convenient, you can do that too.
- Butter – I used small amount of unsalted butter, about 1 teaspoon just to give the bread extra flavor. I do not like adding more to avoid the sandwich from being too greasy. If you do not want to use butter, substitute it with small amount of oil to grease the pan enough to cook the egg and toast the bread
- Salt & Peppers – This is a savory variation, I used simple salt and pepper to season it. You can also add some dried or fresh herbs if you have them. I like using Italian seasoning and some red chile flakes for some heat.
- Dried or Fresh Herbs – totally optional but if you have any, use it as it adds nice extra flavor.
Use Large Pan
One key thing to note is that you have to use a large pan for a larger surface area. 10-12 inches works great as you have room to move and flip the egg and bread. This also gives a nice extra overhang of egg that you can fold in the center.
This is a very easy and fun to make sandwich recipe. You can make several variations, both sweet and savory. For savory, you can add slices of cold cut meat like ham or bacon, sauteed mushroom & cheese, sundried tomato, spinach and cheese etc. For sweet variation try cream cheese or any jam. This is a very flexible recipe, no right of wrong way when it comes to variation. make what you love to eat and enjoy it.
- 2 Eggs – room temperature
- 1 slice Sandwich Bread
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 3 tablespoon Cheddar Cheese or 2 slices of Cheese Singles
- 1/3 cup grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Slice 1 piece of sandwich bread into half.
- Alternatively, if you want a bigger portion, use 2 slices of bread. You will need to use a large pan for this, something that will fit the 2 slices of bread. You will also need to add 1 more egg and double the amount of cheese.
- Beat 2 eggs. Add salt and black pepper.
- On a heated pan, add small amount of butter or oil. Pour the beaten egg and soak both sides of the sliced bread and lay the bread side by side on top leaving a small space in between the bread. Add cheddar cheese on top. Cook until egg is set then gently flip. Add mozzarella cheese on half side of the bread and sprinkle with paprika and dried parsley. Fold the excess egg on the sides towards the center. Fold to make a sandwich.
- At this stage, if you want to add ham, bacon or sliced sausage, you can do it once you have the mozzarella cheese on top of the bread. Add all the extra filling before folding.
- Remove from the pan and serve while warm and the cheese is melting.
My Latest Video
- Turkish Egg (Cibir)
- [VIDEO] Double French Toast Sandwich Omelette
- [VIDEO] Spinach and Mushroom Breakfast Burrito
- [VIDEO] am and Cheese Quesadilla
- [VIDEO] Baked Avocado Fries
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA