Turn your breakfast rice crispy cereals into something absolutely delicious and addictive, this Rice Crispy Chocolate Bar. Few cups of recipe crispy coated in melted chocolate, chilled and cut into delicious bars. They’re REALLY so crispy, crunchy, chocolatey.
I never bought rice crispy cereal for breakfast, they’re not just my thing but there’s always an exception to the rule and that rule applies to this chocolate bar. I’ll grab a box of rice crispy just to make this chocolate bar. The good thing about it, like other breakfast cereals, rice crispy is not that expensive, a box will make you tons of rice crispy treats. So next time you think of rice breakfast crispy cereal, think outside of the box and be creative with different ways that you can use it, this is just one of them. I also love using rice crispy to make bark chocolate, thinner pieces of chocolate instead of big bars like this.
Behind The Scene Testing
This is a simple recipe, but I made this 2 times before I finally got the perfect ratio between rice crispy and chocolate. xxxx
What are the Ingredients for Rocky Road Chocolate Bar
- 2 1/2 cup Rice Crispy: This is the one of the main ingredients. If you cannot find rice crispy, you can also use corn flakes, lightly crash it or leave it whole for better texture
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips: I used dark chocolate chip, semi sweet will work too. You can also use bar chocolate, chop it into small pieces before melting, this way it melts easily.
- 4 tablespoon Coconut Oil: This can be substituted with butter. I like coconut oil better because it makes the consistency of the chocolate more fluid and smooth, plus it’s better than butter.
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter: just a small amount but if you like a strong peanut butter taste, you can add 1-2 tablespoon more. Be careful adding too much as it can make the consistency quite thick.
- 1 tablespoon Honey: This Ella produces better consistency of the melted chocolate, and of course it adds a little sweetness because we are using dark chocolate here.
- Pinch Salt: A little amount to enhance the taste of the chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract – this is optional, but If you have some use it.
How to Make Rocky Road Chocolate Bar
As I mentioned earlier, this is such an easy chocolate dessert to make. Start by melting the chocolate, coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt. There are 2 ways you can do this.
2 Ways to Melt the Chocolate
- Microwave Method: Every microwave is different from household to household. Higher wattage will mean shorter time to melt the chocolate. Microwave the chocolate in 30 seconds interval just to be safe. Mix after each interval until the chocolate is fully melted. In my microwave, it took 1 minute.
- Bain Marie Method: If you are not comfortable with using microwave, you can use this method. Simply pour water in a pan and bring it to a simmer. Put the bowl with chocolate on top of the pan with simmering water, make sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Stir until the chocolate is fully melted
Once the chocolate is melted, simply add the rice crispy. Mix until the marshmallow and peanuts are fully covered with chocolate.
Transfer in a pan lined with aluminum foil. This is very important so that it will be easy to remove it later.
Chilling is required, sorry but you have to wait before you could get your hands in this chocolate bars. Chill at least 1 hour, you can even leave this overnight in the refrigerator. Remember, chilling is a MUST.
When it is time to slice, the easiest way is to dip the knife in hot water. This makes the slicing easier.
Tips in Making Rocky Road Chocolate Bar
- There will be a difference in consistency when you use chocolate chips as opposed to chopped chocolate. Using chocolate chips will produce a thicker chocolate when melted, while chopped chocolate will be a little bit more fluid. This is because chocolate chip have stabilizer in it that makes it withstand heat to prevent easy melting. When using chopped chocolate, start by using 2 tablespoon of butter as add only the remaining 1 tablespoon as needed
- Work as fast as possible. Mixing is easier while the chocolate is warm, when it starts to solidify, the chocolate will not coat the rice crispy evenly.
- Chilling is recommended, in fact it is a MUST. To get a nice clean finish when slicing, you need to have the chocolate solid.
- 2 1/2 cup Rice Crispy
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 4 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Honey:
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Prepare the Pan: line a 5×5 pan with aluminum foil and grease with oil. Set aside
- Alternatively, you can also use a different pan size just bear in mind the wider the pan the thinner the bar.
- Melt the Chocolate: In a microwave safe bowl, transfer the chocolate chips, coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla extract aand salt. Microwave for 1 minute in 30 seconds interval, stirring after each interval until the chocolate if fully melted. Stir to combine
- Add rice crispy and mix to coat.
- Transfer in the prepared pan
- Chill at least 1 hour or until the chocolate is solid and hard. You can also cover and leave it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut: Dip the knife in hot water. Cut into 4 bars or 6 for smaller portion.
Large – 4 square bars; Medium – 6 Rectangle bars; Small – 9 Square bars
Nutritional Information was calculated using Veryfitwell Recipe Calorie and Nutrition Calculator. For details about Nutritional Information in this website, please read the Disclaimer page.
My Latest Video
Click the item to get the full recipe
- Rocky Road Chocolate Bar
- Florentine Sandwich Lace Cookie
- Toblerone Shortbread Cookie
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie
- Coffee Bean Cookie
- Fruit and Nuts Chocolate Bar
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Bar
- Cream Cheese Fudgy Brownie
- Marble Bark Chocolate
- One Bowl Fudy Brownie
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Follow SweetNSpicyLiving on Social Media
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Baking, Bark Chocolates, Bars, No Bake, Recipe, Video, Video Recipes
Leave a Reply