Are you looking for a simple dip to make for the holiday season? You are looking at it, this is the one! This Spinach and Feta Hummus is an easy dip recipe that has a vey nice texture and a perfect dip for almost anything you can think of. The likes of chips, veggies, bread or sides for meat dishes, its an all around dip for me. I made several hummus variations already (have you seen my Spicy Morrocan Hummus or the Moutable?), but I cannot pass the opportunity of making this Spinach and Feta Hummus. I love mediterranean foods, the olives the feta cheese and the fresh vegetables and grilled foods. What could be better than having a greek dip to enjoy my everyday mediterranean craving.
This hummus is quite thick and has a nice texture, not as smooth as regular hummus but believe me when I say, it’s really good. The bits and pieces of crumbled feta gave this hummus a different twist and a nice feel when you eat it. This hummus is all about texture, texture! It’s really awesome. Try it with Homemade Garlic Naan Bread and you are good to go! Opps, don’t forget to get some chips too, and maybe a good Netflix movie to watch while munching and dipping your treats. Let’s get started!
- 1 can Chick Peas (540ml, 19oz)
- 2 Fresh Red chili pepper (reduce if you don’t like it spicy)
- 3 tbsp water (can be reduced for a thicker consistency)
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp juice of fresh Lemon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/ 2 cup Fresh Spinach
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 5 tbsp Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- Wash and drain chickpeas. Remove the skin for a smoother hummus texture.
- Put all ingredients except crumbled feta in the food processor or blender.
- Process until texture becomes smooth, around 3-4 minutes.
- Add crumble feta cheese and pulse 2-3 times only, just to mix it in but not to puree it.
- Transfer in air tight container. Scoop several small batch and add tsp olive oil after every scoop, ending with olive oil on top. Hummus will thicken once stored in the refrigerator.
There you go. A perfect dip for a perfect party! If you like this recipe, kindly click on the “Like” button below. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community dipping!♥