Mushroom and Broccoli Stir-Fry, easy one pan dinner in 30 minutes. Jut a mix of broccoli florets and mushroom, as simple as that and you have a dinner on hand to share with your family. Serve it as is, or serve it with protein of your choice.
Why Make this Mushroom and Broccoli Stir Fry?
- Easy to prepare & cooks fast
- Budget friendly
- Flexible, you can use other vegetables
Here’s How You Should Cook The Mushroom
Mushroom tends to have a lot of juice in it. When cooked you will notice that even if you don’t add any liquid, you will see water in your pan. That water is the juice that comes out of the Mushroom. I used to just dump the mushroom in a pan when I cooked it, I thought it’s the fastest way to do it, and it’s true. But the fastest way is not the right way of cooking this Mushroom. How then?
- Use Fresh Mushroom – Fresh is always better when it comes to Mushroom. You can also used the dehydrated one but make sure to squeeze out as much water before cooking it. Canned mushroom is a No, No, they just don’t taste as good as the fresh. There are only 2 main ingredients in this dish, so used a quality ingredients please.
- Large pan – do not over crowed the pan to give the Mushroom the space It needs to sear properly. Over crowding causes steam, and steam causes more water.
- Sear it, don’t steam it – searing means cooking in high heat with in a very little amount of oil. This method of cooking produces a nice browned crust, most of the time searing is used for meat, poultry or fish. But I found out that I can actually use the same method when cooking Mushrooms, and when cooked like this the Mushroom tasted better and less mushy and watery. It’s simple. Simply leave the mushroom alone (like do not mix it for 3- 5 minutes), don’t keep on turning or mixing it and allow the juice to dry out. This way, you’ll get a nice browning. Once you master the proper way of cooking mushroom, you’ll enjoy it more. At least for me this is what I prefer and what works best especially for this kind of dish.
This can be served as a main dish or side dish. Serve it with steamed rice, top it on noodles, mix it with spaghetti squash, or serve it with Cauliflower Rice So many ways to use it. Now let me show you how I made this. Let’s get started!
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 10 pieces Brown Mushroom
- 1/2 cup Carrots – julienne
- 1/4 cup Red Onion – chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoon Cashew Nuts – chopped
- 2 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon low sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed
- Sear the Mushroom: Add oil in a large pan and heat. Add garlic, onion and ginger then saute for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add sliced mushroom and cook for about 10 minutes. Do not stir for 5 minutes to have nice browning. Mix after 5 minutes and continue cooking until the mushroom juice evaporate.
- Mix the Sauce: Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix salt, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, red chili pepper, black pepper, salt, cornstarch.
- Cook the Broccoli: Pour sauce in the pan with the mushroom. Add the broccoli and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cook to your liking. Taste and adjusts seasoning as desired.
- Serve with steam rice, as a side dish, or as toppings for noodles.
Featured Video: [VIDEO] Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Brie Wellington
- Meat Free Monday: The BEST Baked Panko Crusted Tofu
- Meat Free Monday: Bokchoy Fried Rice
- Meat Free Monday Mushroom Bourguignon
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Garlic Bok Choy
- Pan Seared Carrots and Zucchini
- Quinoa & Mushroom Egg Breakfast Bowl
- Cauliflower Rice
- Caprese Spaghetti Squash
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Your feedback helps me decide what to put on my next baking to do list. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA