Simple, refreshing and light. This Spiralized Sesame Cucumber Salad is a great salad for your favorite dish, it goes with almost anything. Made with simple ingredients: Cucumber and some basic spices that you can mix and match. This goes well even with just some olive oil and vinaigrette dressing, it is that simple. But since I am obsessed with sesame oil, I splurge and do a generous drizzle of that. So easy, so refreshing.
Why make this salad?
let me count the reasons why you should make this salad
- So easy to make: This could be one of the easiest salad that you can make. The most work that you will do is the spiralizing part, it did not even take me 5 minutes to spiralize 1 large cucumber.
- Budget friendly: with one large cucumber, you could have a side salad for two. If you are making it for a big group, 5 large cucumber could easily serve 10 people
- So fresh and light – it cannot get any refreshing than this. Cucumber is made of of mostly water which is a great way to keep you hydrated and full. This is fantastic for hot Summer day
- The ingredients are very basic and easy to find. Cucumber, oil, vinegar and spices. You can even use any dressing that you like for an even easier no prep at all salad
Best serve the same day
This is such an easy recipe to make so I highly suggest that you make this just before serving it. Cucumber is high in water and when marinated in vinegar and salt for long time, the cucumber could get soggy. Unless you like this texture , then feel free to make it ahead of time. Transfer in a container with lid. Now, making this the same day, or better yet few hours before serving it will give you the pleasure of enjoying the crunch and freshness of the Cucumber
What if I do not have spiralizer?
You can still make it. You can cut it into thin strips instead. Of course you cannot call it Spiralized Cucumber Salad anymore, but in the end it still the same, delicious. I left instruction on how you can make this without spiralizer, please check the instructions below.
What to serve this with
This pairs well with any meat or seafood dish, or even on its own when you want something light and refreshing before the meal. I like pairing this with grilled, roasted, bake or pan seared chicken or salmon. I also eat this along with my Crunchy Egg Roll Sushi.
- 1 teaspoon toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoons Rice Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes depending on how spicy you like it (optional)
- 1 Cucumber – spiralized (or thinly sliced)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds and sliced Green Onions for garnish (optional)
- Spiralize the Cucumber: I used a small portable spiralizer, but any spiralizer will work. If you do not have spiralizer cut the cucumber in thin sticks instead. if doing this, cut the cucumber lengthwise and scrape the center to remove the seeds. Then thinly slice the cucumber into sticks.
- Meanwhile, mix the spices. In a bowl, add the sesame oil, vinegar, honey, salt, black pepper and red chili flakes (optional). Whisk together first five ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the cucumbers and toss to coat
- Serve: Top with toasted sesame seeds, green onions or sliced cherry tomato. A sprinkle of feta cheese is a good addition to.
My Latest Video
- Zucchini & Chickpea Salad
- Mexican Chili Zoodles
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Caponata Spaghetti Pasta
- Avocado and Basil Pesto Spaghetti
- Broccoli and Feta Pasta Salad
- Apple and Broccoli Pasta
- Mushroom Bourguignon Pasta
- Homemade Vegan Pasta
- Baked Puff Pastry Pesto Pasta
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- One Pan Tomato Pasta
- Caponata Pasta
- Garlic Lemon Butter Primavera Pasta
Click the item to get the full recipe
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA