1 more day and 2021 is done! Just like that!
Hello Guys! Today we are skipping the kitchen, cooking or baking talks. I know you a lot of them lately, although there’s one more major celebration that we are all looking forward to before saying goodbye to 2021. Today is the last day of the year, and I bet most of you already have the menu planned for the New Years Eve dinner, so I will leave you with that.
Today I just want to show you outside when the first major snowfall happened in Vancouver. So far in my 13 years here, this was only the second time that we had a white Christmas. We don’t get as much snow in Vancouver, probably 3x during Winter and that’s It.! That is such a blessing and one reason why I love British Columbia (BC) in general. Our weather is more mild compared to most Canadian provinces.
What’s there to like about Winter?
Let it Snow! Winter in Vancouver is not as brutal as compared to other Canadian provinces. We get snow fall probably 3x a year, but we do get a lot of wet rainy days. So what’s there to like during Winter then? Instead of fighting Winter (which is a fight I will never win), I decided to embrace it just like Fall. Yes, winter is the coldest season, but there are few good perks of Winter season
- Winter is COLD! and I love cold. I like the feeling of cold air in my face, I like the cold temperature in the room. Some people are fascinated by it considering I came from Philippines which is a tropical country. But maybe that’s why I love the cold, because we don’t get as much cold weather in the Philippines. But whatever the reason is, doesn’t really matter. I love the cold weather that Winter brings.
- Winter is a great opportunity to stay home, do less and watch more Netflix, or Amazon Disney, etc. It gets dark by 4pm so nothing much left to do outside. What better way to enjoy being at home than by watching Netflix movies and series. I personally have to put a limit on it otherwise I will not have a post to share with you. It is easy to pass the time when watching movies at home. But hey, that’s the perks of Winter ❄️. Just enjoy it
- Winter is a great time for me to do more work on my blog, and that huge for me. I often lump my vacation during the year end and with the short day time and cold weather outside, I am more motivated to stay inside and work on my blog .
- Winter is the Holiday season, that alone is a reason to embrace this season. Christmas and New Year are 2 of the most celebrated Holiday of the year. I love the festive and happy ambiance this season brings.
- Winter season is one of the season that I get the chance to do big batch baking. So why it that great? Well because most of the time I only make small batch recipes. During the Holiday, I have a pass to make big batch treats to share with friends. This year was my first time to make 125 pieces of assorted shortbread cookies. It was an awesome experience and I cannot wait to share the post with you, next year. It’s too late now to share it.
- Winter is a cozy time of the year. This is the season where it get to enjoy warm comfort foods like soup, oatmeal and stews. Why would I not like that?
Winter is just one of the 4 seasons, and there is always something to appreciate in every season. I choose to look at the brighter side and enjoy each season as they come.
These photos were taken December 26th after the heavy snowfall on Christmas Eve and Day. I am glad I decided to go out for a walk. The powdery white snow on the ground and on the leaves, trees, benches are just so wintery wonderful to look at.
Thank You for staying with me and keeping me company. I am looking forward to sharing with you more delicious, fun and interesting recipe next year and the years to come.
As the year ends while I enjoy a cozy time, I would like to take this opportunity to greet you Happy New Year and to thank You for taking time to subscribe, to read my post and to share you comments and feedback. I started blogging as a trial and 3 years later, I evolved so much that it has become a huge part of my life. Thank You for staying with me, I really appreciate that.
Happy New Year! Stay safe wherever you are 😃
ok, that’s it for today. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I do. Until my next adventure. Bye now!
- Far and Away! A Boating Picnic Getaway
- Fleurs de Villes: Stunning Floral Display in Downtown Vancouver
- Berry Picking at Krause Berry Farm and Estate Winery
- Crystal Falls
- Exploring Lavenderland
- Afternoon Tea at Patisserie Fur Elise
- Exploring Granville Island
- Exploring Vancouver Waterfront
- Exploring Stanley Park
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Your feedback helps me decide what to put on my next baking to do list. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Leave a Reply