Welcome Summer! ♥♥♥
The HEAT is on! Because Summer is not the same without a frozen dessert, today I am sharing with you a homemade Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt made at the comfort of your own home. A creamy smooth frozen yogurt, easy to make and no ice cream machine needed. What’s not to like?
One of the first frozen treats that I made at is a frozen yogurt before I started making my own ice cream, sorbet and popsicle at home. I had always been amazed how people were able to make ice cream at home, but never I would make my own one day, well because buying an ice cream maker was not really on my list. So when I saw this recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking, I was excited to try it at home and what could be perfect than Summer when fresh Strawberry was in season. So I box of Strawberry along with Banana and froze it, and here we are drooling over this delicious homemade Strawberry Banana Yogurt. If you feel more like a chocolate flavor, don’t worry I got you covered. Check out my Chocolate Banana Frozen Yogurt for a chocolate lovers treat.
What are the Ingredients for a homemade Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt?
- Strawberry – Use ripe but not too ripe and mushy Strawberry. You can buy it freeze and freeze it or you can buy the already frozen Strawberry in pouches.
- Banana – Use ripe but not too ripe and mushy Banana.
- Plain Greek Yogurt – You can use whatever % you like, the higher the % the creamier it will be. Do not use low fat as you want a nice creamy texture.
- Condensed Milk – Aside from adding sweetness to the frozen yogurt, this helps build a nice creamy and not icy texture.
How To Make Frozen Yogurt
Making a homemade frozen yogurt is so easy, all you need are 4 easy to find ingredients and 3 simple to follow steps, plus patience to wait for it to freeze, don’t worry it is totally worth it. You will start by freezing the Banana and Strawberry, I would suggest leave it overnight for better texture. To make the effort wort, you can make a big batch and freeze more fruits, you can also use it to make Strawberry Banana Smoothie so you hit 2 birds in one stone. You can never have to much frozen treats during the Summer anyway. Once the fruits are frozen, transfer it in a food processor or a blender, then add condensed milk and plain greek yogurt. Process the mixture until smooth and creamy. At this stage you are almost there, but not yet there. Transfer it to a freezer container and leave it overnight in the freezer or until hard. When ready to serve, take it out an leave it at the counter about 5 minutes to allow it to soften a bit and makes scooping it easier. There you go! Homemade Frozen Strawberry Banana Yogurt, ENJOY!
- 1 cup frozen Banana (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup frozen Strawberry (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- Add the frozen bananas, strawberries, yogurt, and condensed milk into a food processor or blender.
- Process until creamy, about 3-5 minutes. Scrape down the side of the bowl to make sure there are no lumps left.
- Transfer it to an airtight freezable container and freeze for a minimum 6 hours but preferably overnight. Store it in the freezer for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
Scoop and Enjoy ♥
to serve and do not leave in the counter. return to the freeze and take it out only as needed.
Adapted from: Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking (with my own modifications)
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.