This Shrimp Cauliflower Fried “Rice” is packed with flavor, flavorful shrimp, bits and pieces of vegetables and riced cauliflower as a base to replace the usual grain rice.
Another Cauliflower “Rice” variation, this time around a simple addition of shrimp make this variation more filling and a complete meal on its own.
Cauliflower “Rice” is one of my easy go to any day easy meal, a low carb alternative for rice that is easy to cook. I’ve have few variations of Cauliflower “Rice” in my website and this one is just my recent favorite. If you are new to the idea of Cauliflower Rice or perhaps you’ve heard about but haven’t tried making it, don’t worry. I have a separate post that covers the basic of making your own Cauliflower Rice at home, it’s not that difficult at all. You can make it using food processor or a Cheese box grater. You also have an option to buy a ready to cook Cauliflower Rice, it will be slightly more expensive than buying a Cauliflower. The choice is yours.
I choose shrimp for this one because I love Shrimp, plus it cooks faster than anything else that you can substitute it with. Chicken will work too, but will take more time to cook especially if you forgot to take it out of the freezer. Shrimp thaw so quick, you can take it out from the freezer and just run some cold or warm water and it thaw in just few minutes.
The Basic of Making Cauliflower Rice
If this is your first time making a cauliflower rice, or you juts want to brush up your skills, I have created a separate posts dedicated just for making the base cauliflower rice that you could use to make different variations. The post includes tips, and other option that you can use for you do not have food processor. Check out my Basic Cauliflower Rice
To make this Cauliflower Shrimp Rice, start by preparing the Rice Cauliflower. You can make your own or use a store-bought. Once you have that sorted, marinate the shrimp. If making a large batch, you can marinate the shrimp overnight. Cook the shrimp, add the vegetables then the riced cauliflower. You can adjust the seasoning as desired. That’s it! Dinner in 30 minutes (or less). You can serve this as is, or you can also serve it with chicken or salmon for a more filling and compete meal.
- 1/2 lb Shrimp (deveined)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced Ginger or Ginger Paste
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Carrots – diced
- 1/4 cup Corn Kernel
- 2 tablespoon Green Peas
- 2 Cups Riced Cauliflower
- 1/2 Lime or Lemon wedges – optional
- Cilantro for garnishing – optional
- Prepare the Cauliflower Rice: I have a recipe HERE, you can also use a store-bought ready to use riced cauliflower.
- Marinate the Shrimp: Transfer the shrimp in a bowl. Add olive oil, salt, ginger, garlic, black pepper, sugar, red chili flakes and Italian seasoning. Let sit for 30 minutes. You can also cover and leave this overnight in the fridge
- Cook: In a heated pan, add the marinated shrimp and carrots and cook until the shrimp is no longer translucent. Add corn, green peas and riced cauliflower and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook as the cauliflower will get mushy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, or taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve with sliced lemon or lime on the side and garnish with chopped fresh Cilantro
Substitution: You can substitute any vegetable that you like to replace the green peas, carrots and corn.
Nutritional Information was calculated using Veryfitwell Recipe Calorie and Nutrition Calculator. For details about Nutritional Information in this website, please read the Disclaimer page.
My Latest Video
Click the item to get the full recipe
- Roasted Cauliflower Head
- Baked Cauliflower Teriyaki with Teriyaki Sesame Sauce
- How to Make Creamy Mashed Cauliflower without the Cream
- Baked Parmesan Cauliflower Popcorn
- Low Carb Cilantro Lime Chicken with Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Potato Curry
- Chickpea and Cauliflower Egg Wrap
- Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Fritters
- Cauliflower and Quinoa Vegetarian Meatballs
- Cauliflower and Quinoa Vegetarian Meatballs in Coconut Sauce
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Leave a Reply