Rice bowl… simple, easy and delicious! If you have a can of tuna, egg and handful of bok choy then you got yourself a delicious meal ready in 30 minutes or less. This Tuna and Bok Choy Rice Bowl with Egg is easy dish to make.
I never thought I would say this, but tuna is amazing! It’s not my first eating tuna, what makes me excited about it is the many ways it a can of tuna can be used to make a meal for myself (or for sharing). Having it on hand is so convenient especially on busy days (which is almost everyday this past few weeks). Let’s just say I have explored other ways to enjoy it other than using it to make tuna spread. This Tuna with Egg and Bok Choy is my recent favorite tuna dish (if you can even call it a dish). Super easy to make, so flavorful, delicious and filling. It is a complete meal, packed with food nutrients from the egg, Bok Choy and Tuna.
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 1 small White or Yellow Onion – chopped
- 1 can Tuna (in using Tuna in Oil, skip the Olive Oil and use the tuna oil instead)
- Handful of Bok Choy
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red Chili Flakes
- 2 Eggs – scrambled
- Cook the Tuna: In a heated pan, add the olive oil and onion. Saute for about a minute then add garlic, drained tuna, salt, black pepper and red chili flakes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Cook in medium low heat until the moisture has evaporated. You want a flaked slightly toasted tuna bits. Transfer in a bowl.
- If using canned tuna in oil, use the tuna oil to saute the onion.
- If using canned tuna in water, drain the water before using
- Cook the Bok Choy: Using the same pan, add olive oil and bok choy. Cover and cook until the bok choy is wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove and transfer in separate bowl.
- Cook the Egg: In the same pan, add oil as needed to cook the egg. Beat the egg and cook. Let cook for about 30 seconds then start stirring it a bit until fully cooked.
- Assemble the Rice Bowl: Add cook rice in a bowl. Top with tuna, bok choy and egg. Sprinkle top with red chili flakes or any fresh herbs that you have (like cilantro, parsley or green onion)
Click the item to get the full recipe
- Mushroom and Asparagus Fried Rice with Egg
- Chickpea Alla Puttanesca
- Mexican Cauliflower “Rice”
- Garlic Bok Choy
- Pan Seared Carrots and Zucchini
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Stir-Fry Shrimp and Zucchini
- Vietnamese Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Quinoa Mushroom Egg Breakfast Bowl
- Whole Roasted Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
- Zucchini Chickpea Noodles
- Broccoli and Feta Pasta Salad
- Vegetable Skewers
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Follow SweetNSpicyLiving on Social Media