Let’s make some quick and easy breakfast. Tortilla wrap is such a versatile meal option. You can have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snack. You can make it sweet or savory, or make it with all plant based ingredients, or load it up with meat, rice, veggie. The variations are endless.This one here is a vegetarian variation. Simply, egg, spinach and mushroom. Basically, my leftover veggie in my fridge. I may not sound that good, leftover? Yes, wraps are great way to make use of small pieces of leftover vegetables. It is a great way to give new life to those little bits of pieces of veggies lying in your fridge. This wasn’t even a planned post. I just wanted to make easy delicious breakfast that I can enjoy. Then it turned out good, so I snapped few photos in case I decide to share this. Took a while for me to decide until I found the photos when I was doing backup. It is not as beautifully photograph as my other posts, but it taste good and that is what matters most. Let’s do some cooking!
Blogging my seem like an easy thing to do but in reality it takes a LOT of time to finish a single post. In my Take a Peek at the Behind The Scenes of Food Blogging, I shared with you my process when creating a post. Although it takes a lot of time, it gives me a lot of joy doing thing. Blogging keeps me sane 🙂 and help me balance my life between work and personal time. I love sharing recipes with you as well as my travel escapades. I had been busier lately with work and I started making my meals on the fly, you know whatever I have on hand. Something that I do not have to plan just like when creating a posts for the blog. I thought I would create a short post about this, not as elaborate as my full post but enough to give you idea on how you can make it at home. This will be easy and quick recipes that you can make in less than 30 minutes max or even 5 minutes less. We all need a short break from the kitchen, but that doesn’t mean we have to stop making delicious meals to nourish us.
Today’s Quick & Easy Recipe
Tortilla wrap. Who doesn’t want easy breakfast tortilla wrap? I had this post kept for quite a long time now. I was debating if I should share it or not because it looks pretty simple. Almost like a no recipe breakfast at all. But then I told myself simple and easy is what most of us need especially on busy morning. So I decided to share it anyway. I hope you will find this useful.
I used a large plain tortilla for this one, store-bought. I used mostly what I have in my fridge. I whipped up my own mayo-dijon dressing and spread it on top. Mashed avocado would be nice but I do not have it on hand. I have few pieces of leftover mushroom, I decided to saute it with onion, garlic and my basic seasoning (peppers and salt). I was contemplating of sauteing the Spinach with the mushroom but I decided to keep it fresh, a bit of a crunch and lots of freshness in the wrap. I used pre-grated cheese, told you this is super easy, mostly shortcut ingredients. Now the, I wanted to have it like crepe so that I can cover the top with the egg and roll it. I realize when I was rolling it, it would have been easier if I have the cooked egg on top of the tortilla first before adding the toppings. But it still works at the end, all is good and delicious. This will also be nice pressed in the panini grill but I did not think of that at that time, I was so hungry I just want to eat it. Next time, I will do that.
- 1 soft Tortilla
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Egg
- Handful Spinach
- 1/4 cup cooked Mushroom
- 1/4 of a small Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- 2 tablespoon grated Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt, Black Pepper, Paprika, Red Chili Flakes
- Add oil to a heated pan. Saute the onion and garlic. Add sliced mushroom and cook until nicely browned and the mushroom water has evaporated. Season with salt, black pepper, paprika and red chili flakes. Set aside.
- Cook the Egg: In a new pan, spray or butter to grease the pan. Pour beaten egg and cook until set. Season to taste. Do not touch the egg until set, you want it to hold the shape, almost like a crepe.
- Alternatively, you can also stir the egg to break it into pieces.
- Spread dressing on the tortilla (or use mashed Avocado). Arrange fresh Spinach and cooked mushroom on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with the cooked egg.
- Alternatively, you can put the cooked egg first on top of the tortilla, add dressing and put the toppings.
- Roll into a log shape ant cut into half.
Nutritional Information was calculated using Veryfitwell Recipe Calorie and Nutrition Calculator. For details about Nutritional Information in this website, please read the Disclaimer page.
My Latest Video
Click the item to get the full recipe
- [VIDEO] Tortilla Pinwheel with Roasted Bell Pepper Hummus
- Crunchy Baked Tofu Avocado Wrap
- Chickpea and Cauliflower Spinach and Egg Wrap
- Avocado Tuna Wrap
- Mediterranean Chicken & Chickpea Wrap
- Turkish Egg (Cibir)
- [VIDEO] Egg, Mushroom and Spinach Burrito
- Immune Boosting Turmeric Garlic Oatmeal
- [VIDEO] Egg, Ham & Cheese Quesadilla
- [VIDEO] Avocado and Tuna Salad Boat
- [VIDEO] Crunchy Baked Avocado Fries
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Cooking, Recipe, Video, Video Recipes
Leave a Reply