So fresh, smooth and creamy Mango Frozen Yogurt made from the comfort of your own home. With only 3 ingredients, you could easily make this and treat yourself to a cooling delicious frozen yogurt. Mango is one of my favorite Summer fruits. They are perfect for dessert even on its own, and if you have time to spare, they are wonderful addition to bake or no bake goodies like this one and the many other Mango desserts.
Why Make Frozen Yogurt At Home?
Because you can 🙂 So why not. But seriously, if you have the means and the equipment to make it at home, I encourage you to give it a try. I guarantee that you will not regret it. I was in love with this Mango Frozen Yogurt that I started creating few variations of this.
- First of all, You only need 3 simple ingredients. Assuming Mango is in season, all these 3 ingredients as easy to find.
- They are super easy to make, the only thing is that you will need a food processor or a heavy duty blender to make this at home. Sad to say, this will not work with the small blender that you use for to go drinks. The Mango will be frozen it will require a heavy duty blender or food processor to make it into a smooth and creamy consistency.
- They are delicious because of the real fresh Mango, no food coloring or preservatives. You get this vibrant yellow color naturally.
Ingredients to Make Frozen Yogurt
- Frozen ripe and sweet Mango – The Mango has to be frozen, not alternative to that. Frozen mango produces a smooth and creamy texture. Make sure to use ripe and sweet Mango for better flavor.
- Yogurt – Plain greek yogurt is the best option for a creamier outcome, but if you do not have one of would like to use a lighter one, you can use vanilla or coconut yogurt. I actually used coconut yogurt in the video and I love how it have a nice subtle coconut flavor.
- Condensed Milk – This not only acts as a sweetener, but it also helps produce a smooth creamy texture, not icy texture. Taste your Mango, if it is not as sweet, you can add about 1-2 tablespoon more. Mine was great at 1/4 cup since my Mangoes are ripe and sweet.
How to Make Mango Frozen Yogurt
This is a super easy recipe but you have to do some preparation. A lot of the time is actually on the preparation and chilling.
Start by preparing the Mango. Cut the flesh on the Mango into cubes and arrange it in a parchment lined tray. Watch the video to see how to easily cut the mango into cubes. Do not dump the cubed mango into a container because they will end up clump together and it will be a challenge to break them apart. Cover the tray with aluminum foil and freeze overnight. There is no shortcut to this, it has be at least 24 hrs to get the Mango really frozen.
Blend it Up! – Once you have frozen Mango, blend everything together until smooth and creamy.
Freeze Again – As this stage, you can serve it as a soft served frozen yogurt. I like putting it in a piping bag with cake decorating tip (1M Wilton) and then pipe it in a glass. They look like dole whipped pineapple frozen yogurt. But for this recipe, I decided to serve them in scoops, this means freezing the mixture for at least 4 hrs or overnight. If you freeze it overnight, you will need to wait for few minutes to get it slightly thawed for easy scooping. Patience … we are almost there. It is worth the wait, trust me
- 2 large Mango (Flesh cut into small pieces)
- 1/3 cup Yogurt – Greek yogurt is advisable but others like Vanilla or coconut will work too
- 1/4 cup Condensed Milk
- Prepare the Mango: Cut the Mango flesh into small cubes. Watch the video to see how to easily do this. Spread the diced Mango on a parchment lined baking try and cover with aluminum foil. Freeze overnight.
- Blend it Up: Add the frozen Mango, yogurt, and condensed milk into a food processor or blender. Process or blend until creamy, about 3-5 minutes. Scrape down the side as needed to make sure there are no chunks of Mango left.
- Freeze: Transfer it to an airtight freezable container and freeze for a minimum 6 hours but preferably overnight. Store it in the freezer for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
- Serve: If stored in the freezer overnight (or more), let thaw in the counter for few minutes until manageable to scoop.
- Alternatively, you can serve this immediately after blending and serve it as a soft serve frozen yogurt
TIP: Homemade ice cream or frozen yogurt melts faster than store-bought version, so be sure to serve and enjoy immediately.
My Latest Video
- Coffee Fudge Ice Cream
- Avocado Pistachio Ice Cream
- Dulce De Leche Ice Cream
- Mango Custard Ice Cream
- Purple Yam Ice Cream
- Frozen Yogurt Berries and Nut Bark
- Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
- Mango Coconut Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Mango Frozen Yogurt
- Blueberry Crumble Ice Cream
- 6 Easy Homemade Ice Cream
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Frozen Yogurt, No Bake, Recipe, Small Batch Recipes
Leave a Reply