One of simple pleasures of life is a simple and easy dessert that you can make at the comofort of your own home, like this Cream Cheese Peach Danish. A flaky puff pastry filled with tangy cream cheese and homemade peach filling. It was so good, one is not enough.
I love puff pastry beyond words, this pastry is probably one of the most versatile pastry that you can keep in your freezer and it will save you big time when in need of an emergency dessert or even dinner. Have you seen my Mushroom and Lentil Wellington? If not, you definietly have to see it, it was so good and vegetarian too. Among the many desserts that I used the puff pastry, it is for making danish. Apple Danish, Chocolate Danish, Blueberry Danish, anything I can stuffed it with, I would not hesitate to do so. Since Peach is in season, what could be more fitting than a Peach Danish, quick and easy way. Let me show you how I made this, watch the video to get inspired.
What are the Ingredients for Peaches and Cream Danish?
- Puff Pastry – I prefer to use the store-bought to make the process easier. Store bought puff pastry are already rolled and the thickness is even. But by all means, use a homemade puff pastry if you feel like it.
- Cream Cheese – to balance the sweetness of the Peach Filling and to add creamy tangy taste. You can use Cream Cheese Spread or the one in the box will both work. I find the spreadable easier to use an requires no thawing.
- Peach Filling – I make my own Peach filling and I have the video below. It is so easy to make and great way to use fresh Peach. You can also substitute it with fruit jam or compote like Strawberry or Blueberry Jam whichI happen to have both in my website too.
- Icing Sugar – this is for just for dusting the top, makes good presenation and adds a little sweetness.
- Granulated Sugar – for sprinkling on top before baking
- Egg Wash – a combination of egg plus water for brushing the pastry before baking. This produces a nice browning, but doesn’t really affects the taste. Totally optional
How to Make Peaches and Cream Danish
Making a homemade Peach Danish is not as difficult as it looks like. Here is a quick run down on how to do it, you can find the detailed instruction below.
Two things that can make the process of making this easier is if you use a store-bought puff pastry. It will save you a lot of time from making it, rolling it and making sure that it has the right thickness. The second one is making the fruit filling in advance. I used my homemade Peach filling but any fruit filling will work great too. Once you have this 2 ready, making this on the day that you want to serve it will be such a breeze.
- Make the Puff Pastry – You can use Homemade or store-bought. Just in case you want to make one, make it at least a day ahead so that you do not feel rush. I personally recommend store-bought for this recipe as it makes the process a lot easier.
- Make the Peach Filling – Again, I recommend making this a day in advance, not only that it will make the process faster when you make the Danish but it will also give the Peach filling time to thicken. Alternatively, you can also use store-bought jam or any homemade jam.
- Prepare the Cream Cheese Filling – There is nothing to do here, you just take it out of the refrigerator. I prefer not to add any sugar and egg just to keep it simple and easy. Besides, it will tone down the sweetness as the fruit filling is already sweet, or the jam if that is what you are using. I like using the spreadable (the one in a tub) but the one in the box will work too. It will take longer to bring it to room temperature though. Take out the cream cheese at least 30 minutes before using.
- Make the Danish – This is the most that you need to do the day that you want to make it. Basically you have to cut the puff pastry in 4portions. Once you have this ready, spoon the cream cheese and Peach filling (or any filling you prefer). I like to sprinkle raw sugar on top for a nice browning. Chill the pastry in the freezer at least 15 minutes or however long you need to pre-heat your oven. Puff pastry needs to be cold all the time. Then bake at pre-heated 400F oven.
- Dust top with Icing Sugar – for a little bit more sweetness and nice presentation, dust some icing sugar on top before serving.
How To Make Peach Filling
I have a simple Peach Filling recipe, this is what I used for this recipe. You can use any fruit jam if you do not feel like Peach. Making a fruit filling is quite simple, simply cook the Peach in sugar and simmer until reduced. Click the recipe HERE
The steps seems quite long, but really it’s not difficult at all. You can replace Peach Filling with Strawberry, Apple, Cherry, Pineapple or Blueberry filling, I’ll leave below the link for the recipes.
Alternative Filling Options:
If you do not feel like Peach, then substitute it with any other fruit filling, jam or reduced fruit sauces. I have quite a few selections in my blog, give them a try.
- Small Batch Strawberry Chia Seed Jam (No Refined Sugar Added)
- Small Batch Blueberry Jam (No Refined Sugar Added)
- 5 Easy Homemade Pie Filling
- Small Batch Homemade Cherry Sauce
- Small Batch Peach Pie Filling
- Small Batch Fresh Blueberry Sauce
- Homemade Pineapple Filling – Quick & Easy!
Alternative to Cream Cheese
I find that cream cheese is the easiest option to use as you can buy it ready to use. But another option is Custard Pastry Cream
Best Serve the Same Day
Puff Pastry desserts are best serve the day they are made. This gives you a chance to enjoy the flaky crunchy pastry right off the oven. But if you cannot finish it, keep it refrigerated and re-heat at 300F for 15 minutes before serving. It will not be as good as the day it was made, but it will somehow bring the crunch back.
- 1 Roll Puff Pastry
- 10 tablespoon Peach Filling (Get the Full recipe HERE)
- 8 tablespoon Cream Cheese – softened
- 1 teaspoon granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Milk (optional)
- Make the Peach Filling – Get the Full recipe HERE
- Puff Pastry – If you are making your own, make it in advance to make the process faster and easier. The store-bought puff pastry is my go to as it is saves a lot of work. Use a rolling pin to stretch the puff pastry to a 10 x 10 size then cut into 4 squares. Work as fast as you can while the puff pastry is still cold. If you want to make your own puff pastry, get the full recipe HERE
- Prepare the Cream Cheese Filling – There’s really nothing that you need to do here as we are using the cream cheese as is. Unless you want to make it sweeter, you can add sugar. If you do this, take it out of the fridge to soften it a bit, this makes the mixing easily.
- Add the Cream Cheese and Peach – Spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese in the center then add 2 tbsp of Peach Filling on top. You can go as less as 1 tbsp cream cheese and 1 tbsp Peach Filling. Fold the two sides towards the center and slightly press to make the puff pastry stick to the filling.
- Chill – Chill the Peach Danish in the freezer for at least 15 minutes before baking.
- Brush top with Milk – Brush top with milk and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp granulated sugar.
- Bake– Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until puff-up.
- Dust top with Icing Sugar (optional) – Dust top with icing sugar before serving.
Makes 4 pieces
Other Fall Favorites:
- Cinnamon Glazed Apple Turnover
- Apple Hand Pie
- Apple Danish
- Mini Chocolate Puff Pastry Croissant
- 2 Ingredients Nutella Puff Pastry Croissant
- Bite Size Pigs in a Blanket
- Garlic and Parmesan Puff Pastry Bites
- Margherita Puff Pastry Bites
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA